Every sport has divisions that are better than the others in the league, making it tough for lesser teams to compete. In MLB this season, there is no better division than the NL Central, with 3 of the 5 teams most likely playoff bound as MLB betting fans have seen. The Milwaukee Brewers are at the bottom of that division, and are well short of where they need to be to compete. They are likely to find out just how far back they are when they travel to St. Louis on Thursday, with the Cards as favorites on the MLB betting odds.
A Quick Analysis on the Baseball Betting Lines Preview on St. Louis vs Milwaukee & Game InfoDate/Time: Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:15 PM ETVenue: Busch Stadium, St Louis, MissouriTV: FS-M, MLBNRadio: KMOX 1120, CRNOpening Lines: St Louis -200, Milwaukee +185Taylor Jungmann (9-6, 3.31 ERA) will be trying to snap a 3-game winless streak with this start.There was a brief moment recently where it looked as though the St. Louis Cardinals (95-56) might have to try and survive a late charge from the Pittsburgh Pirates. The gap was closed to just 2.5 games, and the Cards were going through a rough patch. St. Louis managed to break out of it, though, and have put together a 7-3 record in their last 10 games that has helped them see their lead atop the NL Central open back up to 4 games. It now looks very much as though they will take the division crown, and will also have home field advantage through the NL playoffs.The truth of the matter is that it is no less than they deserve for what has been a truly magnificent season. If they played in any other division, they would have clinched long ago. Michael Wacha (16-6, 3.08 ERA) will be on the mound for the Cardinals.
Key Betting Trends
- Milwaukee is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing St. Louis
- Milwaukee is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Milwaukee’s last 5 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
- St. Louis is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Milwaukee
- St. Louis is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 5 games when playing at home against Milwaukee