If teams want to beat MLB odds, they need to learn to deliver a killer instinct that will allow them to put teams away when they are down. This is something that the LA Dodgers will have a chance to do when they travel to Oakland A’s in the second of a 2-game interleague series on Wednesday. The division is there for the taking for the Dodgers, and the A’s represent a chance to open up the gap on top.
A Quick Analysis on the Los Angeles Dodgers at Oakland A’s MLB Lines Prediction & Game InfoDate/Time: Wednesday, August 19th, 3:35 PMVenue: O.co Coliseum, Oakland, CATV: CSNCA, SportsNet LARadio: 95.7 FM The GameOpening line: LA Dodgers -127Jesse Chavez (6-12, 3.84 ERA) who will get the start in this one. Chavez is just 1-3 in his last 5 starts.The Dodgers (67-51) have not been playing very good ball of late, and are just 5-5 in their last 10 games. That would be a whole lot more alarming if the Giants were playing well, but they are not, and the Dodgers still hold a pretty fragile 3-game lead atop the NL West. The biggest concern for LA right now continues to be their poor play on the road. The question that has to be asked is if a team that is 6 games below .500 away from home will be able to do what it takes against much better opposition when postseason play begins. The Dodgers continue to get stellar pitching, though, and that is what is likely to carry them the rest of the way. Mat Latos (4-9, 4.81 ERA) is 0-2 through his first three starts for the Dodgers, and is not delivering what they had hoped for when picking him up from the Marlins at the deadline.
Key Betting Trends
LOS ANGELES DODGERS
- LA Dodgers is 5-1-1 SU in its last 7 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-3-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 1-4-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Oakland
- LA Dodgers is 0-4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland
- Oakland is 0-4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Oakland is 15-5-1 SU in its last 21 games when playing LA Dodgers
- Oakland is 6-0-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against LA Dodgers