We are getting very close to the time when the postseason magic begins, but right now, the only magic that anyone is concerned with is the number that will see them either in or out of the playoffs. For the defending champion San Francisco Giants, that number is heading in the wrong direction altogether too quickly. They will try to stay alive for another day when they head to Oakland to face the A’s on Saturday, as they enter as favorites in the MLB betting lines.
A Look at the San Francisco Giants vs Oakland A’s MLB Game Odds Preview & TV Info
Date/Time: Saturday, September 26th, 4:05 PM
Location: O.co Coliseum, Oakland, CaliforniaGame Odds: Giants -1½+145TV: CSN-BARadio: KNBR 680, KTRB 860Tim Lincecum not returning. It will be Hudson (8-8, 4.20 ERA) who will get the start on Saturday.The Oakland A’s (64-89) are another team who are going to have to think about what they will be doing next year. They are a team heading for the worst franchise winning percentage since back in 1997, which tells you that there are a lot of things not working right now.There have been few highlights this season, and it is really only Sonny Gray who has shone for them. The fact that they dealt away most of their other starting pitchers at the trade deadline tells you that they will be doing a fair amount of rebuilding once the season ends. The A’s are coming into this series on a 5-game losing streak after going down to the Rangers without much of a fight. Veteran pitcher Barry Zito (0-0, 18.00 ERA) will be on the mound for the A’s.
- San Francisco is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of San Francisco’s last 13 games
- San Francisco is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- San Francisco is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Oakland
- Oakland is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oakland’s last 6 games
- Oakland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oakland’s last 5 games at home