It seems like each season a different odd controversy pops up as far as tactics in major league baseball play. Should infielders make a radical shift for pure pull hitters? What influence does catcher framing have on umpires when they call balls and strikes? Should the pitcher always bat ninth in the National League? But what MLB betting fans are now discussing is should pitchers bat eight or ninth? Let’s find out…Tony La Russa, when he managed the St. Louis Cardinals, would occasionally bat the pitcher eighth, going against conventional wisdom that had the pitcher in the ninth spot. La Russa is long gone, but now that Joe Maddon is managing in the senior circuit with the Chicago Cubs, has been rolling with the pitcher in the eighth spot, and some other managers – most noticeably Walt Weiss – seem to be following suit. What’s the deal?
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Red Sox vs Astros ALCS Game 6 | MLB Betting Lines
- MLB Rumors: Mets Want To Keep Baez, Yankees Will Keep Boone
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 4 Preview and Betting Odds
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 | MLB Betting Lines
- Red Sox vs Astros MLB | ALCS Game 1 Betting Lines and Review
- MLB Rumors: White Sox Will Try To Trade Kimbrel; Boone Staying With Yankees?
- Dodgers vs Giants: 2021 MLB Betting Lines | NLDS Game 5 Winner Take All
- MLB World Series Betting Update: 2021 Playoffs Teams Still On the Run
- Astros vs. White Sox MLB | ALDS Game 4
- Giants vs. Dodgers MLB | 2021 NLDS Game 3
- NL Division Series Game 1: Braves vs Brewers | Start of Playoffs MLB
- MLB World Series Betting Update: Possible Matchups
- AL Division Series Game 1: White Sox at Astros | MLB Game Preview
- MLB Rumors: Who Will Be Next Mets Manager?