After the New York Mets completed a sweep at Nationals Park, it looks like the Washington Nationals are down and out for contention in the National League East. The Mets put together three straight comeback victories in Washington, with the last game featuring home runs from Yoenis Cespedes and Kelly Johnson in the eighth inning. The Mets had trailed by a run before that inning but left with a two-run advantage. This sweep gave the Mets a seven-game lead for first place in the division. Twenty-three games remained for both teams at the time, but the Nats had stopped showing signs of life a few weeks before the Mets came to town and pulled off the sweep. The two teams do face off in New York the last weekend of the MLB betting season, but it’s likely that this will be a meaningless three-game set.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Red Sox vs Astros ALCS Game 6 | MLB Betting Lines
- MLB Rumors: Mets Want To Keep Baez, Yankees Will Keep Boone
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 4 Preview and Betting Odds
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 | MLB Betting Lines
- Red Sox vs Astros MLB | ALCS Game 1 Betting Lines and Review
- MLB Rumors: White Sox Will Try To Trade Kimbrel; Boone Staying With Yankees?
- Dodgers vs Giants: 2021 MLB Betting Lines | NLDS Game 5 Winner Take All
- MLB World Series Betting Update: 2021 Playoffs Teams Still On the Run
- Astros vs. White Sox MLB | ALDS Game 4
- Giants vs. Dodgers MLB | 2021 NLDS Game 3
- NL Division Series Game 1: Braves vs Brewers | Start of Playoffs MLB
- MLB World Series Betting Update: Possible Matchups
- AL Division Series Game 1: White Sox at Astros | MLB Game Preview
- MLB Rumors: Who Will Be Next Mets Manager?