We are now in the middle of September, which means that time is beginning to run out for those teams and their MLB betting fans who have not yet been mathematically eliminated from the playoff picture. The defending champion San Francisco Giants are in that group, and it’s beginning to look as though they will not get the chance to defend their crown. They will try to stay alive when they welcome in the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday night.
Cincinnati Reds vs San Francisco Giants MLB Opening LinesDate/Time: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:15 PM ETVenue: AT&T ParkTV: CSN-BARadio: KNBR 680, KTRB 860 (Sp.)Opening Lines: San Francisco -156. Cincinnati +146 Jake Peavey (6-6, 4.15 ERA) will be on the mound for the Giants in this one.The pitching struggles of the Giants are nothing compared to what they have been for the Cincinnati Reds (60-83) this season. The Reds seem committed to seeing what they have down in the farm I terms of pitching, as they broke a 113-year old record last week by starting rookies on the mound in 44 consecutive games. Some credit has to go to the Reds for their efforts last week, as they managed to come out of 7 games with the Cardinals and Pirates with a winning record that included a sweep of St. Louis.Those sorts of successes have been few and far between for this team this season, but those displays should let the Giants know that this is a team not to be taken lightly. Michael Lorenzen (4-8, 5.45 ERA) will make the start for the Reds.
Key Betting Trends
- Cincinnati is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- Cincinnati is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Cincinnati’s last 10 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
- San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Cincinnati
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games when playing Cincinnati
- San Francisco is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Francisco’s last 10 games when playing at home against Cincinnati