There’s no such thing as a lock in sports, but it was essentially a lock that the Angels’ Shohei Ohtani was going to win AL Rookie of the Year honors in 2018. Now that’s potentially not the case as Ohtani has landed on the DL with a Grade 2 ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) sprain in his throwing elbow. He’s likely to miss at least a month but might need Tommy John surgery if rest and platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) and stem cell injections don’t solve the problem. TJS would not only rule Ohtani out for this season but a chunk of 2019 as well. Whether you root/back the Angels or not, MLB is much more exciting with Ohtani playing, whether as a pitcher or hitter. Here’s hoping he doesn’t need TJS. Here are two intriguing games this week around the majors. Check back for MLB betting odds once game time comes around.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Red Sox vs Astros MLB | ALCS Game 1 Betting Lines and Review
- MLB Rumors: White Sox Will Try To Trade Kimbrel; Boone Staying With Yankees?
- Dodgers vs Giants: 2021 MLB Betting Lines | NLDS Game 5 Winner Take All
- MLB World Series Betting Update: 2021 Playoffs Teams Still On the Run
- Astros vs. White Sox MLB | ALDS Game 4
- Giants vs. Dodgers MLB | 2021 NLDS Game 3
- NL Division Series Game 1: Braves vs Brewers | Start of Playoffs MLB
- MLB World Series Betting Update: Possible Matchups
- AL Division Series Game 1: White Sox at Astros | MLB Game Preview
- MLB Rumors: Who Will Be Next Mets Manager?
- NL Wild Card Game Cardinals vs. Dodgers | MLB Betting Odds & Picks
- AL Wild Card Game: Yankees at Red Sox | MLB Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Red Sox vs Nationals MLB | Washington Can Play Spoiler
- MLB Rumors: Giants Likely Will Not Have HR Leader For Playoffs
- Yankees vs Blue Jays MLB | Stellar Pitching Matchup