Early in the 2015 MLB betting season, St. Louis Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright went down with an injury to his Achilles tendon, and he will not return until 2016. He didn’t suffer this injury while pitching or fielding his position, though. Instead, he was hurt during an at-bat, as National League pitchers must bat rather than have a designated hitter take their spot in the batting order, as is the case in the American League. His injury reignited the discussion as to whether both leagues should have the designated hitter rule. Personally, I believe that pitchers should bat in both leagues. To compensate for the furor that would erupt from the MLB players’ union at the prospect of lost jobs, I would allow teams in both leagues to add an additional spot to their rosters.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Red Sox vs Astros ALCS Game 6 | MLB Betting Lines
- MLB Rumors: Mets Want To Keep Baez, Yankees Will Keep Boone
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 4 Preview and Betting Odds
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 | MLB Betting Lines
- Red Sox vs Astros MLB | ALCS Game 1 Betting Lines and Review
- MLB Rumors: White Sox Will Try To Trade Kimbrel; Boone Staying With Yankees?
- Dodgers vs Giants: 2021 MLB Betting Lines | NLDS Game 5 Winner Take All
- MLB World Series Betting Update: 2021 Playoffs Teams Still On the Run
- Astros vs. White Sox MLB | ALDS Game 4
- Giants vs. Dodgers MLB | 2021 NLDS Game 3
- NL Division Series Game 1: Braves vs Brewers | Start of Playoffs MLB
- MLB World Series Betting Update: Possible Matchups
- AL Division Series Game 1: White Sox at Astros | MLB Game Preview
- MLB Rumors: Who Will Be Next Mets Manager?