There are a number of teams who are going to look a whole lot different by the time next season rolls around to the fortune of MLB betting fans, as disappointing years call for drastic changes. The Boston Red Sox and Chicago White Sox are sure to be two teams that make sweeping changes. Many of the players on the current rosters will be playing for jobs next year, and will get a chance to showcase their talents when these two complete a 3-game series in Chicago on Wednesday.
Chicago White Sox vs Boston Red Sox MLB Game Information and LinesDate/Time: August 26, 8:10 PM ETVenue: U.S. Cellular Field, Chicago, IllinoisTV: WPWRRadio: WSCR 670, WRTO 1200 (Sp.)Opening Line: Boston +163, Chicago -173 Rick Porcello (5-11, 5.81 ERA) will get the start on Wednesday. Porcello is 0-2 in his last 3 starts.The Chicago White Sox (58-65) are another team who will be shaking things up when this season draws to a close. They are another disappointment, especially given all the major moves they made during last offseason. The White Sox are basically limping to the finish line, with the teams that they face all taking turns at laying on a beating. Chicago is just 4-6 in its last 10 games, and they have an offense that is really struggling to get anything going.Carlos Sanchez has been one of the few bright spots for the White Sox this season, and he is slowly but surely turning into a very good second baseman. He is one player that Chicago can build around when they start making moves. Chris Sale (12-7, 3.34 ERA) will be in search of his 4thstraight win when he takes to the mound on Wednesday.
Key Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Chi White Sox
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Chi White Sox’s last 13 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 5 games when playing Boston
- Chi White Sox is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Boston