As everyone knows in Chicago, the Cubs have not won a World Series since 1908. They haven’t even been to a World Series since 1945. Many MLB betting fans attribute this drought to the Curse of the Billy Goat, which was placed on the team during the 1945 World Series. The Cubs were taking on the Detroit Tigers, and Billy Sianis, the owner of the Billy Goat Tavern, was watching a game at Wrigley Field. He had brought (of all things) his pet goat with him. Some of the fans around him were offended by the odor that the goat brought into the stadium, and so Sianis was asked to leave. He was angered by this and said, “Them Cubs, they ain’t gonna win no more.” Many have interpreted this to mean that the Cubs would never win any more World Series games at Wrigley. Of course, since that World Series ended with a Tigers victory, the Cubs haven’t had any more chances.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Braves vs. Dodgers MLB | NLCS Game 3 Odds & Predictions
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 | MLB Betting Lines
- Red Sox vs Astros MLB | ALCS Game 1 Betting Lines and Review
- MLB Rumors: White Sox Will Try To Trade Kimbrel; Boone Staying With Yankees?
- Dodgers vs Giants: 2021 MLB Betting Lines | NLDS Game 5 Winner Take All
- MLB World Series Betting Update: 2021 Playoffs Teams Still On the Run
- Astros vs. White Sox MLB | ALDS Game 4
- Giants vs. Dodgers MLB | 2021 NLDS Game 3
- NL Division Series Game 1: Braves vs Brewers | Start of Playoffs MLB
- MLB World Series Betting Update: Possible Matchups
- AL Division Series Game 1: White Sox at Astros | MLB Game Preview
- MLB Rumors: Who Will Be Next Mets Manager?
- NL Wild Card Game Cardinals vs. Dodgers | MLB Betting Odds & Picks
- AL Wild Card Game: Yankees at Red Sox | MLB Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Red Sox vs Nationals MLB | Washington Can Play Spoiler