The 2014 World Series features two teams that not too many people expected to be playing for the championship, and for the first time since the creation of the Wildcard playoffs, two Wildcard teams will go head to head in the Fall Classic. The American League will be represented by the Kansas City Royals, while the National league will be represented by the San Francisco Giants. Since the American League won the All Star game, the Royals will have the home field advantage in the World Series. In addition to that, Kansas City is also stated to open the series as a slight favorite to take the World Series according to the latest MLB betting odds. The Kansas City Royals made the playoffs for the first time in 29 years, but have played like an experienced playoff team, and remain undefeated during their playoff run. They made it to the ALDS with an extra innings victory over the Oakland A’s in the Wild Card playoff game, and advanced to play the heavily favored Los Angeles Angles, who had the best record in baseball. They weren’t intimidated by the Angels, and swept the series in three games. In the ALCS, the Royals had to play the Baltimore Orioles, who won the AL East. They were tested during the series, but still found a way to sweep another good team, and earn their spot in the World Series. The Giants have won two World Series titles in four years, but weren’t expected to make it to the playoffs this season because they were not as regular as other teams during the season, and they lost some of the key players from their previous campaigns. They surprised their critics by winning 88 games, and clinching a Wildcard spot.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 | MLB Betting Lines
- Red Sox vs Astros MLB | ALCS Game 1 Betting Lines and Review
- MLB Rumors: White Sox Will Try To Trade Kimbrel; Boone Staying With Yankees?
- Dodgers vs Giants: 2021 MLB Betting Lines | NLDS Game 5 Winner Take All
- MLB World Series Betting Update: 2021 Playoffs Teams Still On the Run
- Astros vs. White Sox MLB | ALDS Game 4
- Giants vs. Dodgers MLB | 2021 NLDS Game 3
- NL Division Series Game 1: Braves vs Brewers | Start of Playoffs MLB
- MLB World Series Betting Update: Possible Matchups
- AL Division Series Game 1: White Sox at Astros | MLB Game Preview
- MLB Rumors: Who Will Be Next Mets Manager?
- NL Wild Card Game Cardinals vs. Dodgers | MLB Betting Odds & Picks
- AL Wild Card Game: Yankees at Red Sox | MLB Betting Analysis & Prediction
- Red Sox vs Nationals MLB | Washington Can Play Spoiler
- MLB Rumors: Giants Likely Will Not Have HR Leader For Playoffs