The Charlotte Hornets (2-5) are 6-point underdogs as they look to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the Atlanta Hawks (4-3) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at State Farm Arena. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET on FS-SE. The over/under in the matchup is 231.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Charlotte has come out on top in seven of its last 10 head-to-head meetings with Atlanta. The Hawks have a 1-0-1 edge against the spread when playing the Hornets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/9/2020||Hawks||Hawks||-5||222||-200||163||Regular Season||143-138 ATL|
|12/8/2019||Hornets||Hornets||-2||223||-125||105||Regular Season||122-107 ATL|
|2/9/2019||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-120 CHA|
|11/28/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-94 CHA|
|11/25/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-123 ATL|
|11/6/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-102 CHA|
|3/15/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-117 CHA|
|1/31/2018||–||Hawks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-110 CHA|
|1/26/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-110 CHA|
|10/20/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-91 CHA|
Hawks Betting Information
- Against the spread, Atlanta has been strong this season, posting a 4-3 record.
- The Hawks have posted a losing record of 0-3 against the spread when the spread is -6 or bigger.
- Atlanta and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 2 of 7 games this season (28.6%).
Hornets Betting Information
- Charlotte has a losing record against the spread, going 2-5 ATS (covering just 28.6% of the time).
- Charlotte and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 2 of 7 (28.6%).
- In 36 of seven outings (514.3%) this season, the Hawks and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 231.5 points.
- Charlotte has played in two games this season (out of seven total matchups — 28.6% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 231.5 points.
- The Hawks and the Hornets combine to average 5.9 less points per game than the total of 231.5 set for this game.
- The Hawks and the Hornets have seen their opponents average a combined 6.9 fewer points per game than the point total of 231.5 set in this matchup.
- The average point total for Hawks games this year is 0.9 fewer points than the over/under of 231.5 in this matchup.
- Hornets games this year have averaged a total of 219.6 points, 11.9 less than the point total in this matchup.
- Trae Young leads the Hawks in points and assists. He contributes 28.6 points per game while adding 9.1 assists.
- Atlanta is led in rebounds by Clint Capela’s 12.0 per game.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic connects on 2.9 threes per game to lead the Hawks.
- Atlanta’s blocks leader is Capela, who records 1.2 per game. Kevin Huerter leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a game.
- Terry Rozier owns the Hornets top spot in scoring with 21.6 points per game and also tacks on 3.1 rebounds and 3.0 assists per contest.
- When it comes to Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Bismack Biyombo with 7.1 rebounds per game and Devonte’ Graham with 6.1 assists per game.
- Rozier leads the Hornets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.6 made threes per game.
- LaMelo Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.9 steals per game and Miles Bridges leads the squad in blocks with 1.6 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- 76ers vs Celtics Betting Analysis NBA | First Meeting Between Rivals
- Warriors vs Suns Betting Lines NBA | One Long Winning Streak Ends Tuesday
- Updated NBA 2021 Week 7 Power Rankings Betting Analysis
- Top NBA Week 7 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- NBA Championship Odds Update: Warriors Hold the Best Record in the League