Central Division opponents square off when the Cleveland Cavaliers (8-9) host the Detroit Pistons (4-13) at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The Pistons are 3-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 215.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Cleveland and Detroit have a tied 5-5 record. The Cavaliers have a 4-1 edge against the spread when squaring off against the Pistons.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/26/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-1.5||214.5||-118||-103||Regular Season||128-119 CLE|
|1/27/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-6.5||214||-259||211||Regular Season||115-100 CLE|
|1/9/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-7.5||221.5||-309||243||Regular Season||115-112 CLE|
|1/7/2020||Pistons||Cavaliers||-3.5||219.5||-159||131||Regular Season||115-113 DET|
|12/3/2019||Pistons||Cavaliers||-3.5||216.5||-158||132||Regular Season||127-94 DET|
|3/18/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-119 CLE|
|3/2/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-93 DET|
|11/19/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-102 DET|
|10/25/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-103 DET|
|3/5/2018||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-90 CLE|
Cavaliers Betting Information
- Cleveland has been good against the spread this season, posting a 9-8 record.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Cavaliers have struggled to a 0-1 record ATS this season.
- Cleveland has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 7 times in 17 contests (41.2%).
Pistons Betting Information
- Detroit has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 10-7 ATS.
- The Pistons have not fared well as a 3-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 3-point underdogs.
- Detroit has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 58.8% of matchups this year (10 out of 17 contests).
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have combined to put up more than 215 points in 258.8% of their outings this season (44 of 17 opportunities).
- Detroit and its opponents have combined to score more than 215 points in 70.6% of their matchups this season (12 of 17 opportunities).
- The Cavaliers and the Pistons combine to average one fewer point per game than the total of 215 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 222.1 points per game, 7.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The Cavaliers’ average point total in matchups this year is 213.6, 1.4 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Pistons this season is 7.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Collin Sexton leads the Cavaliers scoring 24.8 points per game.
- Cleveland is led in rebounding by Andre Drummond’s 14.7 rebounds per game and assisting by Darius Garland’s 5.7 assists per game .
- Cedi Osman knocks down 2.6 threes per game to lead the Cavaliers.
- Larry Nance Jr. leads the team with 2.3 steals per game. Jarrett Allen collects 1.6 blocks an outing to pace Cleveland.
- The Pistons leader in scoring is Jerami Grant with 24.3 points per game. He also adds 6.5 rebounds per game and 2.8 assists per game.
- When it comes to Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Mason Plumlee with 8.6 rebounds per game and Derrick Rose with 4.6 assists per game.
- Wayne Ellington makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pistons, cashing in 3.3 treys per game.
- Nobody on Detroit grabs more steals than Rose (1.3 per game) or blocks more shots than Grant (1.2 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- 76ers vs Celtics Betting Analysis NBA | First Meeting Between Rivals
- Warriors vs Suns Betting Lines NBA | One Long Winning Streak Ends Tuesday
- Updated NBA 2021 Week 7 Power Rankings Betting Analysis
- Top NBA Week 7 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- NBA Championship Odds Update: Warriors Hold the Best Record in the League