The Minnesota Timberwolves (2-4) are 8.5-point underdogs as they attempt to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the Denver Nuggets (2-4) on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at Ball Arena. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on ALT. The matchup has an over/under of 228.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Denver holds a 9-1 record in the last 10 head-to-head games against Minnesota. The Timberwolves hold a 3-2 advantage against the spread when matched up with the Nuggets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/3/2021||Nuggets||Timberwolves||-8.5||226||-376||295||Regular Season||124-109 DEN|
|2/23/2020||Nuggets||Nuggets||-14||221.5||-1497||900||Regular Season||128-116 DEN|
|1/20/2020||Timberwolves||Timberwolves||-3.5||221||-159||134||Regular Season||107-100 DEN|
|12/20/2019||Nuggets||Nuggets||-10.5||216.5||-635||473||Regular Season||109-100 DEN|
|11/10/2019||Nuggets||Timberwolves||-4||218.5||-167||138||Regular Season||100-98 DEN|
|4/10/2019||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||99-95 DEN|
|3/12/2019||–||Nuggets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-107 DEN|
|2/2/2019||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-106 DEN|
|11/21/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-101 DEN|
|4/11/2018||–||Timberwolves||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-106 MIN|
Nuggets Betting Information
- Denver has struggled against the spread, going 2-4 on the year.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Nuggets have fared well against the spread, putting up a 1-0 record.
- In 5 of 6 (83.3%) contests this season, Denver and its opponents have hit the over.
Timberwolves Betting Information
- Minnesota has a losing record against the spread, going 2-4 ATS (covering only 33.3% of the time).
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 2 of 6 (33.3%).
- The Nuggets and their opponents have combined to put up more than 228.5 points in 483.3% of their outings this year (29 of six opportunities).
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 228.5 points in two of six outings (33.3%) this year.
- The Nuggets and the Timberwolves combine to average 6.3 less points per game than the over/under of 228.5 set for this matchup.
- The Nuggets and the Timberwolves have seen their opponents average a combined 7.0 more points per game than the point total of 228.5 set for this outing.
- The Nuggets’ average point total in outings this season is 232, 3.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Timberwolves this season is 2.8 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- The Nuggets rebounds and assists leader is Nikola Jokic. He grabs 11.3 rebounds and racks up 12.8 assists per game.
- Jamal Murray paces Denver with 24.0 points per game.
- Murray makes 3.0 threes per game to lead the Nuggets.
- Jokic leads the team with 1.2 steals per game. PJ Dozier collects 0.8 blocks a game to pace Denver.
- Malik Beasley outpaced his teammates on the Timberwolves scoring front by putting up 19.0 points per game. He adds 4.8 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game this season.
- The Minnesota leaders in rebounds and assists are Jarrett Culver (6.3 rebounds per game) and Ricky Rubio (4.5 assists per game).
- D’Angelo Russell leads the Timberwolves in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.8 made threes per game.
- Minnesota’s Russell has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and Naz Reid is first in blocks with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Updated NBA 2021 Week 8 Power Rankings Betting Analysis
- Celtics vs Lakers | NBA Betting Lines & Preview Game
- Top NBA Week 8 Matches to Wager On From Monday to Tuesday
- NBA Championship Odds Update: Nets Remain As Favorites While Warriors Keep Closing the Gap
- 76ers vs Celtics Betting Analysis NBA | First Meeting Between Rivals