The Detroit Pistons (0-1) host the Cleveland Cavaliers (1-0) in a matchup of Central Division teams at Little Caesars Arena, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 26, 2020. The Pistons are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The point total for the matchup is set at 215.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Detroit has a 6-4 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups with Cleveland. The Cavaliers have a 3-1 edge against the spread when squaring off against the Pistons.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-6.5||214||-259||211||Regular Season||115-100 CLE|
|1/9/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-7.5||221.5||-309||243||Regular Season||115-112 CLE|
|1/7/2020||Pistons||Cavaliers||-3.5||219.5||-159||131||Regular Season||115-113 DET|
|12/3/2019||Pistons||Cavaliers||-3.5||216.5||-158||132||Regular Season||127-94 DET|
|3/18/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-119 CLE|
|3/2/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||129-93 DET|
|11/19/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-102 DET|
|10/25/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-103 DET|
|3/5/2018||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-90 CLE|
|1/30/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-114 DET|
Pistons Betting Information
- Detroit struggled against the spread, going 27-37-1 last year.
- The Pistons struggled to cover, going just 7-10 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- More often than not, Detroit and its foes united to reach the over, cashing in on 38 of 65 chances last season.
Cavaliers Betting Information
- Cleveland failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 30-33-2 ATS.
- When they were at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Cavaliers had a record ATS of 0-2.
- In the majority of Cleveland’s games this season, the teams combined to hit the over (36 out of 65 games, 55.4%).
- In 40 of 66 opportunities (60.6%) last year, the Pistons and their opponents combined for this matchup’s over/under of 215.5 points.
- Cleveland played in 42 games last season (out of 65 total matchups — 64.6% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 215.5 points.
- The Pistons and the Cavaliers combined to average 1.4 fewer points per game last year than the total of 215.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams averaged a combined 225.6 points per game last season, 10.1 more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average point total for Pistons games last year was 2.5 more points than the total of 215.5 in this matchup.
- The average total for Cavaliers games last season was 6.2 more points than the point total of 215.5 in this outing.
- Derrick Rose averaged 18.1 points per game last season while adding 5.6 assists.
- Mason Plumlee grabed 5.2 rebounds per game.
- Svi Mykhailiuk had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He hit 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Delon Wright nicked 1.2 steals per game. Jerami Grant collected 0.8 blocks a game.
- Collin Sexton averaged 20.8 points per game last season.
- Andre Drummond notched 15.8 rebounds per game and Darius Garland averaged 3.9 assists per game .
- Kevin Love had a solid showing from long distance a season ago. He made 2.6 shots from deep per game.
- Drummond recorded 2.0 steals and 1.7 blocks per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Top NBA Week 2 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- Mavericks vs. Hawks NBA Betting Lines | Luka Doncic MVP Favorite
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener
- Nets Open Season Tuesday Vs. Bucks As Title Favorites | NBA Betting Analysis