James Harden leads the Houston Rockets (1-2) against the Sacramento Kings (3-2) after scoring 33 points in a 122-119 win over the Kings. The Rockets are 5-point favorites in the matchup on Saturday, January 2, 2021, which tips at 5:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The point total is 234 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Houston has an 8-2 record against Sacramento.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/31/2020||Rockets||Rockets||-5.5||231.5||-220||179||Regular Season||122-119 HOU|
|8/9/2020||Rockets||Kings||-4.5||235.5||-194||161||Regular Season||129-112 HOU|
|12/23/2019||Rockets||Kings||-6||230||-244||195||Regular Season||113-104 HOU|
|12/9/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-12||225.5||-839||592||Regular Season||119-118 SAC|
|4/2/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-105 HOU|
|3/30/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-108 HOU|
|2/6/2019||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-101 HOU|
|11/17/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-112 HOU|
|4/11/2018||–||Kings||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-83 SAC|
|2/14/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-91 HOU|
Rockets Betting Information
- Houston struggled against the spread, going 37-45-1 last year.
- The Rockets struggled to cover, going just 20-25 ATS when favored by at least 5 points.
- Houston more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 32 times in 83 contests (38.6%).
Kings Betting Information
- Sacramento has a 4-1 record against the spread, covering in 80% of their matchups.
- In most of Sacramento’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (3 out of 5 games, 60%).
- The Rockets and their opponents combined to score more than 234 points in 36.9% of their outings last season (31 of 84 opportunities).
- Sacramento combined with its opponents to score more than 234 points in 21 of 72 outings (29.2%) last year.
- The two teams averaged a combined 7.5 less points per game last season (226.5) than this matchup’s over/under of 234 points.
- Opponents of these two teams averaged a combined 225.8 points per game last season, 8.2 fewer than the point total for this game.
- The Rockets’ average point total in matchups last season was 230.1, 3.9 points below the over/under in this game.
- Kings games last season averaged a total of 222.2 points, 11.8 less than the point total in this matchup.
- Harden put up 34.3 points per game last season and contributed 7.5 assists.
- PJ Tucker grabbed 6.6 rebounds per game.
- Harden was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, hitting 4.4 per game.
- Harden collected 1.8 per game. Christian Wood averaged 0.9 blocks a game.
- De’Aaron Fox’s excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the Kings scoring and assists leaderboards with 20.6 points per game and 6.6 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Richaun Holmes is the Sacramento leader with 9.4 per game.
- Buddy Hield leads the Kings in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.6 made threes per game.
- Nobody on Sacramento grabs more steals than Fox (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Hassan Whiteside (1.0 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- 76ers vs Celtics Betting Analysis NBA | First Meeting Between Rivals
- Warriors vs Suns Betting Lines NBA | One Long Winning Streak Ends Tuesday
- Updated NBA 2021 Week 7 Power Rankings Betting Analysis
- Top NBA Week 7 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- NBA Championship Odds Update: Warriors Hold the Best Record in the League