If you take a look at the current standings in the NBA, you will see that the top teams in each conference are starting to open up a little bit of a gap on the chasing pack. With so many games still to play, though, it is still way to early to crown either the Milwaukee Bucks or the LA Lakers, although both teams look to be very tough to beat this season. The real fun in the conference battles can be found in the batch of teams sitting off the pace being set by the leaders. Those races are so tight that a team can find themselves moving up or down rather quickly based on an especially positive or negative run of form.
We are going to see the standing change on an almost daily basis the rest of the way, so it should be fun to watch. As it stands right now, the Dallas Mavericks are in the thick of the playoff hunt on the Western Conference and they will try to move up when they hit the road to face the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday night. The Mavericks are in as a 4-point favorite, with the point total set at 228 ½.
Mavericks vs Kings 2020 NBA Odds, Game Info & Prediction
- When: Wednesday, January 15 at 10 PM EST
- Where: Golden 1 Center, Sacramento
- TV: NBA TV
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Live Stream: NBA League Pass
- NBA Odds: Dallas Mavericks -4 (Total 228.5)
Why bet on the Dallas Mavericks?The Mavericks have seen their stock fall a little over the last couple of weeks, going just 5-5 in their last 10 games, although they do seem to be heading back in the right direction after winning 2 in a row ahead of this one. The Mavericks are now sitting at 25-15 on the season, which has them 8 games out of first place in the Western Conference.
They are on a bit of an island in the #6 seed right now and could use a few more wins to start catching the pack of teams sitting ahead of them. Dallas lost 110-106 at home when they faced the Kings earlier this season, which is surprising given that they are a solid 18-5 when facing teams with a losing record. They are now 1-5 SU and ATS in their last 6 versus Sacramento.
- Total Score: 116.33
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.25
- Three-Point Percentage: 36.33
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.07
- Total Rebounds: 47.72
- Total Score: 108.95
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.78
- Three-Point Percentage: 33.51
- Free Throw Percentage: 77.22
- Total Rebounds: 45.13
Why bet on the Sacramento Kings?The Sacramento Kings are now so far off the pace in the Western Conference that you might be willing to start suggesting that their season is all but over. They are sitting at 15-25 on the season, and while that leaves them just 3 ½ games back of the playoff line in the Western Conference, it may as well be a million miles, as this team is showing no signs of having what it takes to close that gap.
The Kings come into this one on the heels of back to back losses that has seen them fall to just 3-7 in their last 10 games, they have not had a lot of joy against teams with a winning record, going 6-11 in those outings. They are 4 games below .500 at 8-12 on home court.
- Total Score: 106.35
- Field Goal Percentage: 45.30
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.72
- Free Throw Percentage: 78.29
- Total Rebounds: 42.47
- Total Score: 109.13
- Field Goal Percentage: 46.46
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.58
- Free Throw Percentage: 79.67
- Total Rebounds: 43.50
Mavericks vs Kings 2020 NBA Betting Trends
- Kings are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games this season
- Kings are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Sacramento’s last 9 games
- Mavericks are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against Sacramento
- Mavericks are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Wednesday
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Dallas’ last 5 games on the road
Expert Pick & Final Score Prediction for Mavericks vs KingsThe Sacramento Kings have proven to be a bit of a bogey team for the Mavericks, but I think that Dallas can correct that with a win on Wednesday night. I am on the Mavericks to win and cover the spread.
Score: Dallas Mavericks 116 – Sacramento Kings 109