The Detroit Pistons (2-9) are 5-point underdogs as they try to stop a four-game road slide when they take on the Miami Heat (4-6) on Saturday, January 16, 2021 at American Airlines Arena. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on SUN. The matchup has an over/under of 217.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Miami has a 6-4 record against Detroit.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|11/12/2019||Heat||Heat||-9||214.5||-400||308||Regular Season||117-108 MIA|
|3/13/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-74 MIA|
|2/23/2019||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-96 DET|
|1/18/2019||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||98-93 DET|
|11/5/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-115 MIA|
|3/3/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-96 MIA|
|2/3/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-107 DET|
|1/3/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-104 MIA|
|11/12/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-103 DET|
|3/28/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||97-96 MIA|
Heat Betting Information
- Miami has struggled against the spread, going 4-6 on the year.
- The Heat have posted a losing record of 1-2 against the spread when the spread is -5 or bigger.
- Miami and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the total in 5 of 10 games this season (50%).
Pistons Betting Information
- Detroit has a 6-5 record against the spread, covering in 54.5% of their outings.
- Detroit has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 45.5% of matchups this season (5 out of 11 chances).
- The Heat and their opponents have recorded more than 217.5 points in 540% of their outings this season (54 of 10 opportunities).
- In six of 11 opportunities (54.5%) this season, Detroit has combined with its opponents to score at least 217.5 points.
- The Heat and the Pistons combine to average 1.6 more points per game than the over/under of 217.5 set for this matchup.
- The Heat and the Pistons have seen their opponents average a combined 11.3 more points per game than the over/under of 217.5 set in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Heat have had set in games this year is 7.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Pistons games this year have averaged a total of 223 points, 5.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The Heat scoring leader is Tyler Herro, who contributes 17.6 points per game.
- Jimmy Butler leads Miami with 5.3 assists a game and Bam Adebayo paces the squad with 9.0 rebounds per contest.
- Duncan Robinson makes 3.5 threes per game to lead the Heat.
- Miami’s steals leader is Butler, who averages 2.2 per game. Adebayo leads the team averaging 1.0 block a game.
- Jerami Grant outpaced his teammates on the Pistons scoring front by putting up 24.8 points per game. He adds 6.0 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game this season.
- Mason Plumlee (9.5 rebounds per game) and Derrick Rose (5.4 assists per game) are the Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Grant makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pistons, averaging 2.7 treys per game.
- Detroit’s Plumlee has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.5 per game and Grant is first in blocks with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Top NBA Week 2 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- Mavericks vs. Hawks NBA Betting Lines | Luka Doncic MVP Favorite
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener
- Nets Open Season Tuesday Vs. Bucks As Title Favorites | NBA Betting Analysis