The Miami Heat (17-18) are favored (by 7.5 points) to build on a three-game road winning streak when they visit the New Orleans Pelicans (15-20) on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET. The over/under is set at 220.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
In the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Miami has a 6-4 record against New Orleans. The Heat also hold a 2-1 edge against the spread when playing the Pelicans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/25/2020||Heat||Heat||-3||222||-146||123||Regular Season||111-98 MIA|
|3/6/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-1.5||231.5||-120||101||Regular Season||110-104 NO|
|11/16/2019||Heat||Heat||-8||225.5||-365||289||Regular Season||109-94 MIA|
|12/16/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-96 MIA|
|11/30/2018||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||106-101 MIA|
|2/23/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-123 NO|
|12/23/2017||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-94 NO|
|3/15/2017||–||Heat||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-112 MIA|
|12/23/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||91-87 NO|
|3/22/2016||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-99 MIA|
Heat Betting Information
- Miami has covered in just 15 of 35 matchups this season.
- The Heat have struggled to cover, going just 1-3 ATS when favored by at least 7.5 points.
- Miami has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 16 times in 35 contests (45.7%).
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has a losing record against the spread, going 16-20 ATS (covering just 44.4% of the time).
- The Pelicans have not fared well when playing as an underdog by 7.5 points or more, going 1-3 against the spread.
- In the majority of New Orleans’ games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (25 out of 36 games, 69.4%).
- In 34.3% of their games this year (12 of 35 chances), the Heat and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 220.5 points.
- New Orleans and its opponents have added up to score more than 220.5 points in 75% of their games this year (27 of 36 chances).
- These two teams average a combined 222.8 points per game, 2.3 more points than the over/under of 220.5 set for this matchup.
- The Heat and the Pelicans have seen their opponents average a combined 4.4 more points per game than the point total of 220.5 set for this matchup.
- The average total the Heat have had set in matchups this year is 4.8 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Pelicans games this season have averaged a total of 231.8 points, 11.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
- Jimmy Butler leads the Heat in points and assists. He puts up 20.1 points per game while tacking on 7.8 assists.
- Bam Adebayo paces Miami with 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Duncan Robinson hits 3.3 threes per game to lead the Heat.
- Butler leads the team with 1.9 steals per game. Adebayo collects 1.0 block a contest to pace Miami.
- The Pelicans leader in scoring is Zion Williamson with 25.6 points per game. He also adds 7.2 rebounds per game and 3.4 assists per game.
- When it comes to New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Steven Adams with 9.0 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball with 5.2 assists per game.
- Ball makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pelicans, averaging 3.0 treys per game.
- Ball is at the top of New Orleans’ steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and Brandon Ingram leads the squad in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Updated NBA 2021 Week 8 Power Rankings Betting Analysis
- Celtics vs Lakers | NBA Betting Lines & Preview Game
- Top NBA Week 8 Matches to Wager On From Monday to Tuesday
- NBA Championship Odds Update: Nets Remain As Favorites While Warriors Keep Closing the Gap
- 76ers vs Celtics Betting Analysis NBA | First Meeting Between Rivals