The New York Knicks (5-3) will attempt to build on a three-game win streak when they host the Oklahoma City Thunder (3-4) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Madison Square Garden as only 2.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET on FS-OK. The over/under is 208.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head matchups, Oklahoma City has a 7-3 record against New York. The Thunder also have a 1-0 record against the spread when taking on the Knicks.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2020||Thunder||Knicks||-5.5||216.5||-225||179||Regular Season||126-103 OKC|
|1/21/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-109 OKC|
|11/14/2018||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-103 OKC|
|12/16/2017||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-96 NY|
|10/19/2017||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||105-84 OKC|
|2/15/2017||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-105 OKC|
|11/28/2016||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-103 OKC|
|1/26/2016||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-122 OKC|
|11/20/2015||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||93-90 NY|
|1/28/2015||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-92 NY|
Knicks Betting Information
- Against the spread, New York has been strong this season, posting a 5-3 record.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 2 of 8 games this season (25%).
Thunder Betting Information
- Oklahoma City has covered the spread in more than half of its games, going 4-3 ATS.
- In most of Oklahoma City’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (3 out of 7 games, 42.9%).
- The Knicks and their opponents have combined to put up more than 208.5 points in 500% of their games this season (40 of eight opportunities).
- Oklahoma City and its opponents have combined to score at least 208.5 points in four of seven outings (57.1%) this year.
- The Knicks and the Thunder combine to average 2.1 less points per game than the over/under of 208.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 215.2 points per game, 6.7 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total for Knicks games this year is 0.4 more points than the over/under of 208.5 in this matchup.
- The average total for Thunder games this year is 4.2 more points than the point total of 208.5 in this outing.
- The Knicks points, rebounds and assists leader is Julius Randle. He scores 23.1 points per game and adds 12.0 rebounds and 7.4 assists.
- The Knicks are led by Reggie Bullock from beyond the arc. He connects on 1.8 shots from deep per game.
- Mitchell Robinson leads New York in both blocks and steals, averaging 1.9 blocks and 1.6 steals per game.
- The Thunder go-to guy, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, leads the team in both scoring (19.0 points per game) and assists (6.7 assists per game).
- Darius Bazley collects all of the boards and is the Oklahoma City leader in rebounds, getting 9.0 per game.
- Mike Muscala makes more threes per game than any other member of the Thunder, cashing in 2.4 treys per game.
- Nobody on Oklahoma City grabs more steals than George Hill (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Bazley (1.1 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- LeBron James Could Miss Tuesday’s Game | Lakers vs. Spurs Game Preview Betting NBA
- Top NBA Week 2 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- Mavericks vs. Hawks NBA Betting Lines | Luka Doncic MVP Favorite
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener