The Charlotte Hornets (6-9) will look to stop a four-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the Orlando Magic (7-9) on Sunday, January 24, 2021 at Amway Center as only 1.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS-FL. The matchup’s over/under is set at 215.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
After the last 10 head-to-head meetings, Charlotte has a 6-4 record against Orlando. The Magic have a 2-0 record against the spread when facing the Hornets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/3/2020||Magic||Hornets||-5||203.5||-200||168||Regular Season||112-100 ORL|
|1/20/2020||Magic||Hornets||-3.5||206||-162||135||Regular Season||106-83 ORL|
|4/10/2019||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-114 ORL|
|2/14/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-89 ORL|
|12/31/2018||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||125-100 CHA|
|10/19/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-88 CHA|
|4/6/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||137-100 CHA|
|2/14/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-102 CHA|
|12/4/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||104-94 CHA|
|10/29/2017||–||Hornets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||120-113 CHA|
Magic Betting Information
- Orlando has covered about half the time against spread this season, covering eight times in 16 contests.
- The Magic have posted a winning record of 4-3 against the spread when the spread is -1.5 or higher.
- Orlando and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 7 of 16 games this season (43.8%).
Hornets Betting Information
- Charlotte has an 8-7 record against the spread, covering in 53.3% of their games.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Hornets have not fared well, going 1-4 against the spread.
- Charlotte has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 40% of matchups this season (6 out of 15 opportunities).
- In 37 of 16 opportunities (231.2%) this year, the Magic and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 215.5 points.
- In 10 of 15 opportunities (66.7%) this season, Charlotte has combined with its opponents to score at least 215.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.8 less points per game (212.7) than this game’s over/under of 215.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 219.5 points per game, 4.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Magic have had set in games this year is 0.3 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Hornets this year is 1.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- Nikola Vucevic leads the Magic in scoring (23.3 points per game) and rebounding (10.9 rebounds per game).
- The team is led in assists by Markelle Fultz’s 5.4 per game.
- Vucevic hits 2.8 threes per game to lead the Magic.
- Evan Fournier leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Aaron Gordon collects 1.0 block a contest to pace Orlando.
- Gordon Hayward owns the Hornets top spot in scoring with 23.1 points per game and also tacks on 5.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists per contest.
- Bismack Biyombo (7.5 rebounds per game) and Devonte’ Graham (6.4 assists per game) are the Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Terry Rozier is tops from three-point range for the Hornets, hitting 3.2 threes per game.
- Nobody on Charlotte grabs more steals than LaMelo Ball (1.5 per game) or blocks more shots than Biyombo (1.4 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- 76ers vs Celtics Betting Analysis NBA | First Meeting Between Rivals
- Warriors vs Suns Betting Lines NBA | One Long Winning Streak Ends Tuesday
- Updated NBA 2021 Week 7 Power Rankings Betting Analysis
- Top NBA Week 7 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- NBA Championship Odds Update: Warriors Hold the Best Record in the League