The Orlando Magic (3-0) will try to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Oklahoma City Thunder (1-1) on Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at Chesapeake Energy Arena as 5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-OK. The matchup has an over/under of 219.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Oklahoma City has won eight of its last 10 head-to-head matchups against Orlando. The Thunder also hold a 2-0 edge against the spread when playing the Magic.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/22/2020||Magic||Magic||-2.5||209.5||-137||115||Regular Season||120-114 OKC|
|11/5/2019||Thunder||Thunder||-3||201.5||-149||125||Regular Season||102-94 OKC|
|2/5/2019||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-122 OKC|
|1/29/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||126-117 OKC|
|2/26/2018||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-105 OKC|
|11/29/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-108 ORL|
|3/29/2017||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-106 OKC|
|11/13/2016||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-117 ORL|
|2/3/2016||–||Thunder||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-114 OKC|
|10/30/2015||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||139-136 OKC|
Magic Betting Information
- Orlando struggled against the spread, going 35-41-2 last year.
- The Magic fared well when favored by at least 5 points, posting a 9-7 record against the spread.
- In 41 of 78 (52.6%) contests last season, Orlando and its opponents hit the over.
Thunder Betting Information
- Oklahoma City covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 46-31-1 ATS.
- When they were at least 5-point underdogs, the Thunder fared well, going 6-14-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Oklahoma City’s games last year, the teams did not hit the over (36 out of 78 games, 46.2%).
- In 42.3% of their opportunities last season (33 of 78 chances), the Magic and their opponents put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 219.5 points.
- In 36 of 79 games (45.6%) last season, Oklahoma City and its opponents combined to score at least 219.5 points.
- The two teams averaged a combined 2.4 less points per game last season (217.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 219.5 points.
- The Magic and the Thunder saw their opponents average a combined 2.1 less points per game last season than the over/under of 219.5 set for this outing.
- The average total the Magic had set in games last season was 3.4 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Thunder last season was 1.0 point lower than this game’s over/under.
- Nikola Vucevic put up 19.6 points per game last season while adding 10.8 rebounds.
- Markelle Fultz dished out 5.1 assists per game.
- Terrence Ross hit 2.6 threes per game a season ago.
- Jonathan Isaac grabbed 1.6 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
- Al Horford did a little bit of everything last season, averaging 6.8 rebounds per game and 4.0 assists per game.
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 19.0 points per game.
- Trevor Ariza was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 1.6 per game.
- Ariza swiped 1.6 steals per game. Horford collected 0.9 blocks a game.
More Recent NBA News
- Mavericks vs. Hawks NBA Betting Lines | Luka Doncic MVP Favorite
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener
- Nets Open Season Tuesday Vs. Bucks As Title Favorites | NBA Betting Analysis
- NBA 2021 Season Opening Week Matches to Must Bet On