There is nothing more devastating to a team than having defeat snatched from the hands of victory, which is exactly what happened to the New Orleans Pelicans in Game 3 of their series versus the Golden State Warriors. Leading by 20 points, the Pelicans looked set to get back into the series, but a barnstorming comeback from the Warriors, including a ridiculous last second 3-pointer from Steph Curry, took the game to OT. The Warriors won, and are now set as online sports betting favorites to hammer the final nail in the Pelicans coffin on Saturday.
Despite the 3-0 lead that the Warriors hold, things have been much closer than they would appear on paper. It is often the small details that separate the great teams from the good, and the Warriors have been winning all those small battles. There are very few players in the league who could have made the shot that Curry did to take Game 3 in overtime. This series is actually great preparation for the Warriors, who are likely to face tougher battle as the postseason progresses. Being able to add a little bit of grit and mental toughness to their elite shooting play sets them up nicely for a very, very deep run.The only way to gain postseason experience is to play more games, which is all the Pelicans are really trying to do at his point. They have a bright future in the form of Anthony Davis, who has shown that he is indeed the real deal during this series. The Pelicans have also been getting a ton of help from their bench, with Ryan Anderson, Tyreke Evans, and Norris Cole all making strong contributions with limited playing time. The fact that so many Pelicans players have played well in losing causes speaks volumes to just how good this Warriors team really is. The Game 3 loss was a heartbreaker that is going to be tough to recover from, but you can bet that this group will want to give their home fans one more thing to cheer about before their season officially comes to an end.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- LeBron James Could Miss Tuesday’s Game | Lakers vs. Spurs Game Preview Betting NBA
- Top NBA Week 2 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- Mavericks vs. Hawks NBA Betting Lines | Luka Doncic MVP Favorite
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener
- Nets Open Season Tuesday Vs. Bucks As Title Favorites | NBA Betting Analysis
- NBA 2021 Season Opening Week Matches to Must Bet On
- Top NBA Week 1 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- NFL 2021 Season: LA Chargers at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NBA 2022 Championship Odds & Analysis Update: Lakers and Nets Favorites to Win it All
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Back For Opener? Kyrie Irving May Not Play All Season
- Top 2021 NBA Preseason Betting Picks for the Week
- NBA Rumors: Wiggins Gets COVID Vaccine, But What About Kyrie?
- NBA Preseason Top Value Games
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp