The Orlando Magic (4-0) are 3-point underdogs as they look to extend a four-game winning streak when they host the Philadelphia 76ers (3-1) on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at Amway Center. The game airs at 6:30 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has an over/under set at 217 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Philadelphia has a 6-4 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups against Orlando. The Magic hold a 2-1 advantage against the spread when taking on the 76ers.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/7/2020||76ers||76ers||-5||222||-212||174||Regular Season||108-101 PHI|
|12/27/2019||76ers||Magic||-3.5||210||-166||139||Regular Season||98-97 ORL|
|11/13/2019||Magic||Magic||-2.5||207.5||-140||117||Regular Season||112-97 ORL|
|3/25/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-98 ORL|
|3/5/2019||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-106 PHI|
|11/14/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-106 ORL|
|10/20/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-115 PHI|
|3/22/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-98 PHI|
|2/24/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-105 PHI|
|11/25/2017||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-111 PHI|
76ers Betting Information
- Philadelphia struggled against the spread, going 30-42-4 last year.
- The 76ers struggled to cover, going just 18-24-1 ATS when favored by at least 3 points.
- In 40 of 76 (52.6%) contests last season, Philadelphia and its opponents hit the over.
Magic Betting Information
- Orlando covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 35-41-2 ATS.
- When they play as at least 3-point underdogs, the Magic have a record ATS of 14-10.
- Orlando and its opponents hit the over in more than half of their games last season — 41 of 78 (52.6%).
- In 50.6% of their games last season (39 of 77 chances), the 76ers and their opponents combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 217 points.
- In 36 of 78 games (46.2%) last season, Orlando and its opponents combined to score more than 217 points.
- Opponents of these two teams averaged a combined 217.4 points per game last season, 0.4 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average point total in 76ers games last year was 1.8 more points than the over/under of 217 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Magic last year was 0.9 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- Joel Embiid was solid last season with 23.0 points and 11.6 rebounds per game.
- Ben Simmons racked up 8.0 assists per game.
- Seth Curry connected on 2.3 threes per game a season ago.
- Simmons collected 2.1 per game. Embiid averaged 1.3 blocks a game.
- Nikola Vucevic put up 19.6 points per game last season and pulled down 10.8 rebounds a contest.
- Markelle Fultz racked up 5.1 assists per game.
- Terrence Ross had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He hit 2.6 shots from deep per game.
- Jonathan Isaac racked up 1.6 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
More Recent NBA News
- Mavericks vs. Hawks NBA Betting Lines | Luka Doncic MVP Favorite
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener
- Nets Open Season Tuesday Vs. Bucks As Title Favorites | NBA Betting Analysis
- NBA 2021 Season Opening Week Matches to Must Bet On