According to Jeff Zillgitt with USA Today, the NBA will start seeding playoff teams in each conference from 1 through 8 on the basis of record rather than giving division winners any sort of preference. As most NBA betting fans know, division winners had been guaranteed top-four seeds, but that led to such imbalances as having Portland in the #4 seed in the West for this past year’s playoffs when it should really have been #7 on the basis of its regular season record. “We are very focused on the divisional seeding process, and I think we are going to take a very close look at whether we should seed at least 1 through 8 by conference as opposed to giving the division winner that higher seed,” Silver said according to SI.com. “We may change that fairly quickly…. That is a vestige of a division system that may not make sense anymore.” Entertaining as Hell Tournament” idea to spice up the playoffs. He would let the top seven seeds in each conference make the conference, which would leave 16 teams out. He would then set up a single-elimination tournament seeding those teams 1 through 16 on the basis of their regular season records. You’d re-seed after each round to make sure the highest seeds remaining got to play the lowest seeds remaining. This would make tanking a lot less attractive for those teams who want to be in the lottery, because they’d also have a chance to make it into the playoffs with a big run in that tournament. If you don’t think that players like Kobe Bryant, who saw their teams sink into the lava halfway through the regular season and seemed to stop caring, wouldn’t rev their game up in a tournament that would send them into the playoffs if they could just win three games, then you don’t know the NBA. Sources Grantland.com (http://grantland.com/features/fixing-the-nba-playoffs/) KobeBryant.com (http://kobebryant.com/)
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- NFL 2021 Season: LA Chargers at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NBA 2022 Championship Odds & Analysis Update: Lakers and Nets Favorites to Win it All
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Back For Opener? Kyrie Irving May Not Play All Season
- Top 2021 NBA Preseason Betting Picks for the Week
- NBA Rumors: Wiggins Gets COVID Vaccine, But What About Kyrie?
- NBA Preseason Top Value Games
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Officially Will Not Report To 76ers Camp
- NBA Rumors: Nets-Lakers Highlights 2021 Christmas Day Schedule
- NBA Rumors: Kings Still Could Trade Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley III
- NBA Draft Rumors: Top 5 Picks Locked In Thursday?
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Lakers Might Sign A 3rd Scoring Option
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 6 | Predictions Milwaukee Poised for NBA Title
- NBA Betting News & Rumors: Sixers Are Open to Offers for Simmons
- Suns vs. Bucks Game 4 Lines | Milwaukee Looks to Even NBA Finals
- NBA Rumors: Rockets set to trade John Wall?