The San Antonio Spurs (6-6) host the Houston Rockets (4-6) after losing four home games in a row. The Spurs are favored by 7 points in the contest, which begins at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 16, 2021. The point total in the matchup is 217.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Houston has a 6-4 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups with San Antonio. The Spurs hold a 3-1 edge against the spread when matched up with the Rockets.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/14/2021||Spurs||Spurs||-7||218||-281||226||Regular Season||109-105 HOU|
|8/11/2020||Spurs||Spurs||-4.5||239.5||-178||146||Regular Season||123-105 SA|
|12/16/2019||Rockets||Rockets||-9.5||233.5||-596||444||Regular Season||109-107 HOU|
|12/3/2019||Rockets||Spurs||-6.5||233.5||-302||239||Regular Season||135-133 SA|
|3/22/2019||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-105 HOU|
|12/22/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-101 HOU|
|11/30/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||136-105 HOU|
|11/10/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||96-89 SA|
|4/1/2018||–||Spurs||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||100-83 SA|
|3/12/2018||–||Rockets||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-93 HOU|
Spurs Betting Information
- San Antonio has been good against the spread this season, posting a 7-4-1 record.
- The Spurs have struggled to cover, going just 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 7 points.
- San Antonio and its opponents have hit the over 6 times in 12 contests this season.
Rockets Betting Information
- Houston has a losing record against the spread, going 4-6 ATS (covering only 40% of the time).
- The Rockets have fared well as a 7-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 7-point underdogs.
- Houston and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 3 of 10 (30%).
- In 50 of 12 opportunities (416.7%) this season, the Spurs and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s point total of 217.5 points.
- Houston has combined with its opponents to score more than 217.5 points in six of 10 opportunities (60%) this year.
- The Spurs and the Rockets combine to average 4.3 more points per game than the total of 217.5 set for this matchup.
- The Spurs and the Rockets have seen their opponents average a combined 6.7 more points per game than the over/under of 217.5 set for this game.
- The Spurs’ average point total in outings this year is 222.5, 5.0 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Rockets this year is 6.0 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- DeMar DeRozan leads the Spurs in points and assists. He averages 20.4 points per game while tacking on 7.0 assists.
- Keldon Johnson paces San Antonio with 7.3 rebounds per game.
- The Spurs are led by Patty Mills from beyond the arc. He hits 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- San Antonio’s steals leader is Dejounte Murray, who averages 1.4 per game. Rudy Gay leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks an outing.
- Christian Wood is at the top of the Rockets scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 23.1 points per game and 10.1 rebounds per game this season.
- John Wall puts in work handing out assists and is Houston’s assist leader with 5.1 per game.
- Victor Oladipo is tops from three-point range for the Rockets, hitting 2.8 threes per game.
- Nobody on Houston grabs more steals than Oladipo (1.8 per game) or blocks more shots than Wood (1.8 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- Early NBA 2021-22 Conferences Possible Champions & Underdogs Betting Predictions
- 76ers vs. Pelicans NBA Betting Odds | Ben Simmons, Zion Williamson Out of Season Opener
- Nets Open Season Tuesday Vs. Bucks As Title Favorites | NBA Betting Analysis
- NBA 2021 Season Opening Week Matches to Must Bet On
- Top NBA Week 1 Games to Must Watch and Bet On