The Utah Jazz (10-4) will try to extend a six-game winning streak when they host the New Orleans Pelicans (5-8) on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at Vivint Arena as 6.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 10:00 PM ET on TNT. The over/under is set at 218 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Head to Head
Utah holds an 8-2 record in the last 10 head-to-head matchups against New Orleans. The Jazz also have a 3-2 record against the spread when facing the Pelicans.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/19/2021||Jazz||Jazz||-6||217.5||-243||197||Regular Season||118-102 UTA|
|7/30/2020||Pelicans||Pelicans||-2.5||228.5||-137||114||Regular Season||106-104 UTA|
|1/16/2020||Jazz||Pelicans||-5.5||225.5||-237||192||Regular Season||138-132 NO|
|1/6/2020||Jazz||Pelicans||-4||221.5||-178||148||Regular Season||128-126 UTA|
|11/23/2019||Jazz||Jazz||-5.5||225.5||-213||176||Regular Season||128-120 UTA|
|3/6/2019||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-104 UTA|
|3/4/2019||–||Jazz||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||115-112 NO|
|10/27/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||132-111 UTA|
|3/11/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-99 UTA|
|2/5/2018||–||Pelicans||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||133-109 UTA|
Jazz Betting Information
- Utah has been good against the spread this season, posting a 9-5 record.
- The Jazz have covered half the time, going 3-3 against the spread when favored by at least 6.5 points.
- Utah and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 5 of 14 games this season (35.7%).
Pelicans Betting Information
- New Orleans has covered the spread in fewer than half of its contests, going 5-8 ATS.
- The Pelicans have not fared well as a 6.5-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- New Orleans has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 53.8% of matchups this season (7 out of 13 contests).
- In 300% of their opportunities this season (42 of 14 chances), the Jazz and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under of 218 points.
- New Orleans has played in six games this year (out of 13 total matchups — 46.2% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 218 points.
- These teams average a combined 218.4 points per game, 0.4 more points than the total of 218 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 214.6 points per game, 3.4 less than the point total in this game.
- The average point total for Jazz games this season is 1.8 fewer points than the total of 218 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Pelicans this season is 1.2 points lower than this game’s over/under.
- Donovan Mitchell leads the Jazz in scoring, racking up 23.5 points per game.
- Utah is led in rebounding by Rudy Gobert’s 13.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Mike Conley’s 6.3 assists per game .
- Mitchell is the top three-point shooter for the Jazz, knocking down 3.4 per game.
- Utah’s steals leader is Conley, who collects 1.4 per game. Gobert leads the team averaging 2.7 blocks a game.
- Zion Williamson outpaced his teammates on the Pelicans scoring front by putting up 23.4 points per game. He adds 8.0 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game this season.
- The New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists are Steven Adams (9.0 rebounds per game) and Brandon Ingram (5.0 assists per game).
- Lonzo Ball is tops from three-point range for the Pelicans, hitting 2.0 threes per game.
- Nobody on New Orleans grabs more steals than Ball (1.3 per game) or blocks more shots than Ingram (1.0 per game).
More Recent NBA News
- Top NBA Week 1 Games to Must Watch and Bet On
- NFL 2021 Season: LA Chargers at Baltimore Betting Analysis
- NBA 2022 Championship Odds & Analysis Update: Lakers and Nets Favorites to Win it All
- NBA Rumors: Ben Simmons Back For Opener? Kyrie Irving May Not Play All Season
- Top 2021 NBA Preseason Betting Picks for the Week