The Akron Zips (11-4) will attempt to continue a three-game winning streak when they visit the Ball State Cardinals (6-9) on Friday, February 19, 2021 at Worthen Arena as 4.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The matchup’s point total is 142.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Ball State (+4.5)||Over (142.5)||Akron 74 Ball State 71|
- In 10 of 15 outings (66.7%) this year, the Zips and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s point total of 142.5 points.
- Ball State has played in nine games this season (out of 15 total matchups — 60% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 142.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.4 more points per game (148.9) than this game’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.1 more points per game (142.6) than this matchup’s total of 142.5 points.
- The average total the Zips have had set in matchups this year is 6.0 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Cardinals games this season is 0.5 more points than the point total of 142.5 in this outing.
Akron Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Zips have covered eight times in 13 contests.
- The Zips have posted a winning record of 4-3 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or higher.
- In 7 of 13 (53.8%) contests this season, Akron and its opponents have hit the over.
Ball State Betting Information
- The Cardinals have a losing record against the spread, going 5-10 ATS (covering only 33.3% of the time).
- The Cardinals have fared well as a 4.5-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- In most of Ball State’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 15 games, 60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2021||Akron||-6.5||147||-288||+226||Regular Season||74-42 AKRON|
|1/10/2020||Akron||-4||137||-192||+155||Regular Season||75-60 AKRON|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||57-56 BALLST|
- Loren Cristian Jackson leads the Zips in points and assists per game, scoring 21.4 points and distributing 6.4 assists.
- Akron’s best rebounder is Enrique Freeman, who averages 9.4 boards per game in addition to his 7.8 PPG average.
- Bryan Trimble Jr. contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Zips. He knocks down 3.5 threes per game.
- Jackson is Akron’s leader in steals, averaging 0.9 steals per game, while Freeman leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
Ball State Leaders
- The Cardinals’ leader in scoring and rebounding is K.J. Walton with 15.7 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
- Ball State’s assist leader is Ishmael El-Amin with 3.1 per game. He also records 15.0 points per game and tacks on 2.7 rebounds per game.
- El-Amin’s 2.1 made threes per game lead the Cardinals.
- El-Amin (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for Ball State while Blake Huggins (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED