The No. 3 seed Akron Zips (14-7) and the No. 6 seed Bowling Green Falcons (14-10) will look to advance in the MAC tournament on Thursday as they meet in the quarterfinals of the conference tournament at 6:30 PM ET on ESPN+. Akron is listed as a 1-point favorite to win this contest and advance closer to an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Akron (-1)||Under (153)||Akron 77 Bowling Green 75|
- The Zips and their opponents have combined for 153 points — this matchup’s point total — in 11 of 21 opportunities (52.4%) this season.
- Bowling Green has combined with its opponents to score more than 153 points in 13 of 24 opportunities (54.2%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 157.6 points per game, 4.6 more points than the over/under of 153 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.5 less points per game (147.5) than this game’s over/under of 153 points.
- The average over/under the Zips have had set in games this season is 2.4 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Falcons this season is 1.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Zips score just 3.1 more points per game (78.6) than the Falcons give up (75.5).
- Akron is 8-0 against the spread and 10-2 overall when scoring more than 75.5 points.
- Bowling Green is 1-7 against the spread and 1-7 overall when giving up more than 78.6 points.
- The Falcons score an average of 79 points per game, seven more points than the 72 the Zips allow to opponents.
- Bowling Green is 9-0 against the spread and 13-4 overall when it scores more than 72 points.
- Akron is 3-4 against the spread and 3-5 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 79 points.
- The Zips have out-scored their opponents by a total of 138 points this season (6.6 points per game on average), and the Falcons have put up 84 more points than their opponents on the year (3.5 per game).
Akron Betting Information
- Against the spread, Akron has been strong this season, posting a 12-7 record.
- The Zips fare well when favored by at least 1 points, posting a 7-5 record against the spread.
- The Zips and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 19 games (52.6%) this season.
Bowling Green Betting Information
- Bowling Green has covered the spread in less than half of its contests, going 10-12 ATS.
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Falcons have not fared well, going 6-9 against the spread.
- Bowling Green and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 13 of 22 (59.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2021||Akron||-4||155||-185||+150||Regular Season||83-71 BOWLGR|
|1/19/2021||Bowling Green||-5.5||153.5||-239||+191||Regular Season||69-57 AKRON|
|2/25/2020||Akron||-1||150||-116||-106||Regular Season||78-60 BOWLGR|
|2/11/2020||Akron||-7||149||-318||+246||Regular Season||74-59 AKRON|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-67 AKRON|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-69 BOWLGR|
- Loren Cristian Jackson leads the Zips in points and assists per game, scoring 21.6 points and distributing 6.3 assists.
- Enrique Freeman is the Zips best rebounder, hauling in an average of 8.9 boards in each contest while scoring 8.0 points per game.
- Bryan Trimble Jr. makes more threes per game than any other member of the Zips, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.3 per contest.
- Jackson and Freeman lead Akron on the defensive end, with Jackson leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Freeman in blocks averaging 1.9 per contest.
Bowling Green Leaders
- Justin Turner’s points (19.1 per game) and assists (4.4 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Falcons’ leaderboards.
- The Falcons’ top rebounder is Daeqwon Plowden — he grabs 8.1 per game while scoring 13.2 points per game.
- Trey Diggs contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Falcons. He makes 2.3 threes per game.
- The Falcons’ leader in steals is Turner with 1.5 per game, and Plowden is their leader in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED