Loren Jackson leads the Akron Zips (14-7) into a matchup against the Miami (OH) RedHawks (12-10) after putting up 27 points in an 80-78 loss to Buffalo. The RedHawks are 6-point underdogs in the game on Friday, March 5, 2021, which tips off at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN3. The matchup has an over/under of 145.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Miami (OH) (+6)||Over (145.5)||Akron 76 Miami (OH) 71|
- The Zips and their opponents have combined to score more than 145.5 points in 71.4% of their outings this year (15 of 21 opportunities).
- Miami (OH) and its opponents have combined to score at least 145.5 points in 11 of 22 opportunities (50%) this season.
- The Zips and the RedHawks combine to average 5.8 more points per game than the total of 145.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 143.5 points per game, 2.0 fewer than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Zips average point total in matchups this year is 150.6, 5.1 points higher than the total in this game.
- RedHawks games this season have averaged an over/under of 144.2 points, 1.3 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Zips average 7.1 more points per game (78.6) than the RedHawks give up (71.5).
- When Akron totals more than 71.5 points, it is 10-0 against the spread and 12-4 overall.
- When Miami (OH) gives up more than 78.6 points, it is 1-5 against the spread and 1-5 overall.
- The RedHawks average just 0.7 more points per game (72.7) than the Zips give up to opponents (72).
- Miami (OH) is 7-0 against the spread and 8-3 overall when it scores more than 72 points.
- Akron is 4-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it gives up more than 72.7 points.
- The Zips have totaled 138 more points than their opponents this season (6.6 per game on average), and the RedHawks have scored 27 more points than their opponents (1.2 per game).
Akron Betting Information
- Against the spread, Akron has been strong this season, posting a 12-7 record.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Zips have fared well against the spread, putting up a 4-2 record.
- Akron has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 10 of 19 games for a 52.6% rate.
Miami (OH) Betting Information
- Miami (OH) has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 9-10-2 ATS.
- When they are at least 6-point underdogs, the RedHawks have fared well, going 3-2 against the spread.
- Miami (OH) has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 61.9% of matchups this season (13 out of 21 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2021||Akron||-4||142.5||-186||+150||Regular Season||83-76 AKRON|
|2/22/2020||Akron||-13||141||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-65 AKRON|
|1/21/2020||Akron||-5||144.5||-221||+177||Regular Season||81-60 AKRON|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-58 AKRON|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-61 MIAOH|
- The leader in points and assists for the Zips is Loren Cristian Jackson, who scores 21.6 points and dishes out 6.3 assists per game.
- Akron’s best rebounder is Enrique Freeman, who averages 8.9 boards per game in addition to his 8.0 PPG average.
- Bryan Trimble Jr. leads the Zips in three-point shooting with an average of 3.3 threes per game.
- Loren Cristian Jackson is the Zips leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Freeman leads them in blocks with 1.9 per contest.
Miami (OH) Leaders
- Dae Dae Grant is the top scorer for the RedHawks with 13.7 points per game. He also adds 3.1 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Dalonte Brown is at the top of the RedHawks rebounding leaderboard with 7.5 rebounds per game, and Mekhi Lairy leads the squad in assists with 3.4 per contest.
- Trimble paces his teammates on the RedHawks with 2.5 made threes per outing.
- Miami (OH)’s leader in steals is Lairy with 1.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Precious Ayah with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds