The No. 6 Alabama Crimson Tide (18-6) hit the road in SEC action against the Mississippi State Bulldogs (13-11) on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 6:00 PM ET. The Crimson Tide are favored by 6 points in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The point total is set at 143.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alabama (-6)||Under (143.5)||Alabama 75 Mississippi State 68|
- In 70.8% of their opportunities this year (17 of 24 chances), the Crimson Tide and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- Mississippi State has played in nine games this season (out of 24 total matchups — 37.5% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 143.5 points.
- The Crimson Tide and the Bulldogs combine to average 6.8 more points per game than the over/under of 143.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.0 fewer points per game (136.5) than this game’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- The Crimson Tide average point total in outings this season is 151.2, 7.7 points higher than the total in this game.
- Bulldogs games this year have averaged a total of 135.7 points, 7.8 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Crimson Tide score 80.2 points per game, 14.6 more points than the 65.6 the Bulldogs give up.
- Alabama has an 18-2 record overall and a 12-0-1 record against the spread when putting up more than 65.6 points.
- When Mississippi State allows more than 80.2 points, it is 1-4 against the spread and 1-4 overall.
- The Bulldogs score only 0.8 fewer points than the Crimson Tide give up to opponents (70.9).
- Mississippi State is 9-5 overall and 8-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70.9 points.
- Alabama has a 10-3 record overall and an ATS record of 4-7-1 in games when its opponents put up more than 70.1 points.
- The Crimson Tide have put up a total of 224 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 9.3 per game), and the Bulldogs have out-scored opponents by 107 points on the season (4.5 more per game).
Alabama Betting Information
- Against the spread, Alabama has been strong this season, posting a 12-10-1 record.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Crimson Tide have fared well against the spread, putting up a 6-4 record.
- Alabama and its opponents have converted the over just 11 times in 23 (47.8%) games this season.
Mississippi State Betting Information
- Mississippi State has a 12-11 record against the spread, covering in 52.2% of their outings.
- The Bulldogs have fared well as a 6-point underdog, going 5-3 against the spread when they are at least 6-point underdogs.
- Mississippi State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 11 of 23 (47.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Alabama||-9.5||149||-503||+381||Regular Season||81-73 ALA|
|2/25/2020||Mississippi State||-5||158||-218||+174||Regular Season||80-73 MSSTATE|
|1/8/2020||Alabama||-3||153.5||-157||+129||Regular Season||90-69 ALA|
|2/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-62 MSSTATE|
|1/29/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-79 ALA|
- The Crimson Tide leader in rebounds and assist is Herbert Jones, who pulls down 5.7 rebounds and distributes 3.0 assists per game along with scoring 11.4 points per contest.
- Jaden Shackelford leads Alabama in scoring, averaging 14.1 per game to go with 3.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists.
- The Crimson Tide get the most three-point shooting production out of John Petty Jr., who knocks down 2.5 threes per game.
- Jones is the Crimson Tide leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Jordan Bruner leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
Mississippi State Leaders
- D.J. Stewart puts up 16.6 points per game and is the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- The Mississippi State leaders in rebounding and assists are Tolu Smith with 8.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 12.6 points and 1.2 assists per game) and Deivon Smith with 2.9 assists per game (he also tacks on 5.1 points and 3.4 rebounds per game).
- Stewart leads the Bulldogs in three-point shooting with an average of 1.5 made threes per game.
- Mississippi State’s leader in steals is Stewart with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Abdul Ado with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED