The No. 11 Alabama Crimson Tide (15-5) visit the South Carolina Gamecocks (5-7) in a matchup of SEC teams at Colonial Life Arena, starting at 6:30 PM ET on Tuesday, February 9, 2021. The Gamecocks are 6.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 155.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alabama (-6.5)||Under (155.5)||Alabama 80 South Carolina 69|
- In 30% of their opportunities this season (six of 20 chances), the Crimson Tide and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s point total of 155.5 points.
- South Carolina has played in three games this season (out of 12 total matchups — 25% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 155.5 points.
- The Crimson Tide and the Gamecocks combine to average 2.6 fewer points per game than the total of 155.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 10.8 less points per game (144.7) than this game’s over/under of 155.5 points.
- The Crimson Tide average point total in matchups this year is 148.2, 7.3 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Gamecocks this year is 6.3 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Crimson Tide score just 3.6 more points per game (79.1) than the Gamecocks allow (75.5).
- Alabama is 13-0 overall and 9-0-1 against the spread when scoring more than 75.5 points.
- South Carolina is 1-3 against the spread and 0-4 overall when giving up more than 79.1 points.
- The Gamecocks put up an average of 73.8 points per game, just 4.6 more points than the 69.2 the Crimson Tide give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 69.2 points, South Carolina is 4-0 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- Alabama has an ATS record of 2-2-1 and a 4-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.8 points.
- The Crimson Tide have out-scored their opponents by a total of 199 points this season (9.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Gamecocks have out-scored them by 21 more points on the year (1.7 per game).
Alabama Betting Information
- Alabama has been good against the spread this season, posting an 11-7-1 record.
- The Crimson Tide fare well when favored by at least 6.5 points, posting a 5-2 record against the spread.
- The Crimson Tide have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 8 of 19 contests this season, a rate of 42.1%
South Carolina Betting Information
- The Gamecocks have a losing record against the spread, going 5-7 ATS (covering only 41.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Gamecocks have not fared well, going 0-2 against the spread.
- In most of Gamecocks games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (7 out of 12 games, 58.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Alabama||-4.5||159.5||-206||+164||Regular Season||90-86 ALA|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-62 ALA|
- The Crimson Tide scoring leader is Jaden Shackelford, who averages 13.9 per contest to go with 4.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Alabama’s leading rebounder is Herbert Jones averaging 6.0 boards per game and its best passer is Jahvon Quinerly and his 2.9 assists per game.
- John Petty Jr. makes more threes per game than any other member of the Crimson Tide, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.6 per contest.
- The Alabama steals leader is Jones, who averages 1.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jordan Bruner, who compiles 1.2 rejections per contest.
South Carolina Leaders
- A.J. Lawson is the top scorer for the Gamecocks with 17.3 points per game. He also tacks on 4.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game to his statistics.
- Justin Minaya puts up a stat line of 6.7 rebounds, 7.8 points and 2.0 assists per game for South Carolina to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jermaine Couisnard holds the top spot for assists with 3.8 per game, adding 11.2 points and 3.0 rebounds per contest.
- Lawson makes 2.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Gamecocks.
- Lawson (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for South Carolina while Jalyn McCreary (1.3 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED