The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-9) are expected to extend a nine-game losing streak when they host the Alabama State Hornets (0-2) as 5.5-point underdogs at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, January 11, 2021 at Robert W. Harrison Complex. The matchup has an over/under set at 142 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In nine of 32 games (28.1%) last year, the Hornets and their opponents scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 142 points.
- Mississippi Valley State played in 25 games last year (out of 30 total matchups — 83.3% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 142 points.
- The two teams averaged a combined 12.3 fewer points per game last season (129.7) than this game’s over/under of 142 points.
- Opponents of the two teams averaged a combined 18.7 more points per game last season (160.7) than this game’s over/under of 142 points.
- The average point total in Hornets games last season was 9.6 fewer points than the over/under of 142 in this matchup.
- The average total for Delta Devils games last year was 15.9 more points than the point total of 142 for this outing.
Alabama State Betting Information
- Alabama State was good against the spread last season, posting an 11-10-1 record.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Hornets put together a 1-1 record ATS.
- Alabama State and its opponents converted the over just 10 times in 22 (45.5%) games last season.
Mississippi Valley State Betting Information
- The Delta Devils have a losing record against the spread, going 2-7 ATS (covering only 22.2% of the time).
- Mississippi Valley State and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 3 of 9 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-74 ALASU|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-75 ALASU|
|2/11/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-59 ALASU|
|1/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-79 ALASU|
Alabama State Leaders
- Brandon Battle averaged 6.8 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 0.3 assists per game last season.
- Tyrese Robinson averaged 4.4 boards per game and DJ Heath dished out 2.3 assists per game.
- Kevion Stewart knocked down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 0.6 per contest a season ago.
- Heath and Robinson were defensive standouts last season, with Heath averaging 0.7 steals per game and Robinson collecting 0.6 blocks per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Leaders
- Kam’Ron Cunningham sits at the top of the Delta Devils scoring leaderboard with 12.9 points per game. He also pulls down 3.7 rebounds and dishes out 1.1 assists per game.
- Terry Collins has a stat line of 4.5 rebounds, 12.2 points and 1.8 assists per game for Mississippi Valley State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Caleb Hunter has the top spot for assists with 3.0 per game, adding 9.2 points and 3.2 rebounds per outing.
- Devin Gordon makes more threes per game than any other member of the Delta Devils, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.6 per outing.
- Collins (1.8 steals per game) is the steal leader for Mississippi Valley State while Treylan Smith (0.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found