The Alcorn State Braves (0-5) will try to stop a five-game losing streak when they visit the Alabama State Hornets (0-3) at 5:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 as 2-point favorites. The Hornets have lost three games in a row. The matchup has an over/under of 137.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alcorn State (-2)||Over (137)||Alcorn State 74 Alabama State 66|
- In five of five outings (100%) this year, the Braves and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s point total of 137 points.
- In one of three outings (33.3%) this season, Alabama State and its opponents have combined to score more than 137 points.
- The two teams average a combined 11.2 less points per game (125.8) than this game’s total of 137 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 165.3 points per game, 28.3 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total the Braves have had set in games this season is 17.4 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Hornets games this season is 0.3 less points than the point total of 137 for this outing.
Alcorn State Betting Information
- The Braves have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 3-2 record.
- The Braves have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 1 times in 5 games this season.
Alabama State Betting Information
- The Hornets have a losing record against the spread, going 1-2 ATS (covering just 33.3% of the time).
- Alabama State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 1 of 3 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/24/2020||Alabama State||-3||136||-159||+129||Regular Season||80-77 ALCST|
|1/27/2020||Alcorn State||-7||139||-319||+243||Regular Season||63-60 ALCST|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-69 ALCST|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-59 ALASU|
Alcorn State Leaders
- Troymain Crosby leads the Braves in scoring, tallying 19.2 points per game to go with 4.0 rebounds and 0.3 assists.
- Tyree Corbett is Alcorn State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 5.5 per game, while Kurk Lee is its best passer, distributing 3.4 assists in each contest.
- David Pierce III provides the most three-point shooting production for the Braves. He knocks down 1.6 threes per game.
- Oddyst Walker is Alcorn State’s leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Anthony Fairley leads them in blocks with 0.6 per contest.
Alabama State Leaders
- The Hornets’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Kenny Strawbridge with 13.0 points and 9.4 rebounds per game.
- Alabama State’s assist leader is DJ Heath with 2.0 per game. He also records 6.4 points per game and tacks on 3.2 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Cousin is the top scorer from deep for the Hornets, hitting 1.4 threes per game.
- Heath (2.0 steals per game) is the steal leader for Alabama State while Jordan O’Neal (2.0 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED