Santi Aldama leads the Loyola (MD) Greyhounds (0-2) into a matchup with the American Eagles (0-2) after putting up 22 points in a 72-70 loss to Lafayette. The Greyhounds are 2-point underdogs in the matchup on Saturday, January 23, 2021, which tips at 12:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 144.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Loyola (MD) (+2)||Over (144)||Loyola (MD) 75 American 74|
- The Eagles and their opponents combined to record more than 144 points in 43.3% of their outings last year (13 of 30 opportunities).
- Loyola (MD) and its opponents added up to score at least 144 points in 56.2% of their matchups last season (18 of 32 chances).
- The two teams averaged a combined one more point per game last year (145) than this game’s total of 144 points.
- Opponents of these two teams averaged a combined 144.3 points per game last season, 0.3 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The Eagles average point total in matchups last year was 141.1, 2.9 points less than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Greyhounds last season was 4.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- Last season, the Eagles recorded 71.6 points per contest, only 3.2 fewer points than the 74.8 the Greyhounds allowed their opponents.
- American had a 5-0 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall last season when scoring more than 74.8 points.
- Loyola (MD) went 4-10 against the spread and 8-12 overall last season when giving up more than 71.6 points.
- The Greyhounds averaged only 3.9 more points per game last year (73.4) than the Eagles gave up to opponents (69.5).
- Loyola (MD) put together a 6-0 ATS record and went 14-9 overall last season in games it scored more than 69.5 points.
- American’s record was 2-3 against the spread and 3-8 overall when it gave up more than 73.4 points last season.
- The Eagles totaled 64 more points than their opponents last season (2.1 per game on average), while the Greyhounds were out-scored by 46 total points (1.4 per game average differential).
American Betting Information
- Against the spread, American was strong last season, posting an 11-8 record.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Eagles performed well against the spread, putting together a 6-4 mark.
- The Eagles typically ran under the total last season, reaching the over/under in 7 of 19 games (36.8%).
Loyola (MD) Betting Information
- The Greyhounds had a 9-12 record against the spread, covering in only 42.9% of their outings.
- When they were at least 2-point underdogs, the Greyhounds fared well, going 2-4 against the spread.
- In the majority of Greyhounds games last year, the teams combined to hit the over (12 out of 21 games, 57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2020||American||-3.5||148||-176||+139||Regular Season||81-76 AMERCN|
|1/22/2020||American||-2.5||142.5||-145||+118||Regular Season||93-91 AMERCN|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-84 LOYMD|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-68 AMERCN|
- Jamir Harris scored 10.9 points and distributed 1.8 assists per game last season.
- Stacy Beckton Jr. averaged 4.7 boards per game in addition to his 9.6 PPG average.
- Harris made three-pointers at a rate of 2.2 per game a season ago.
- Connor Nelson and Beckton were defensive standouts last season, with Nelson averaging 1.4 steals per game and Beckton collecting 1.0 block per contest.
Loyola (MD) Leaders
- Cam Spencer averaged 10.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game last season.
- Golden Dike averaged 5.2 boards per game and Isaiah Hart dished out 3.1 assists per game.
- Spencer knocked down 1.8 threes per game a season ago.
- Jaylin Andrews averaged 1.2 takeaways per game, while Brent Holcombe compiled 0.8 rejections per contest.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds