The Central Michigan Chippewas (5-11) are 4.5-point underdogs as they attempt to break a five-game losing streak when they host the Ball State Cardinals (6-8) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at McGuirk Arena. The contest airs at 5:00 PM ET on ESP3. The over/under for the matchup is set at 148.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Central Michigan (+4.5)||Over (148)||Ball State 76 Central Michigan 72|
- The Cardinals and their opponents have totaled at least 148 points — this matchup’s point total — in eight of 14 opportunities (57.1%) this year.
- Central Michigan has combined with its opponents to score at least 148 points in 11 of 16 outings (68.8%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 0.1 less points per game (147.9) than this game’s over/under of 148 points.
- The Cardinals and the Chippewas have seen their opponents average a combined 2.8 more points per game than the over/under of 148 set in this game.
- The average point total for Cardinals games this season is 4.6 fewer points than the over/under of 148 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Chippewas this year is 7.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Ball State Betting Information
- The Cardinals have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 5-9 record.
- The Cardinals have posted a winning record of 2-1 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or bigger.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have gone over the total in 9 of 14 games (64.3%) this season.
Central Michigan Betting Information
- Central Michigan has a losing record against the spread, going 3-9-1 ATS (covering just 23.1% of the time).
- The Chippewas have gone 0-0-1 against the spread when they are at least a 4.5-point underdog.
- Central Michigan has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 46.2% of matchups this year (6 out of 13 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/3/2020||Ball State||-6.5||140.5||-290||+225||Regular Season||85-68 BALLST|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-66 CMICH|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-57 CMICH|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-72 BALLST|
Ball State Leaders
- K.J. Walton leads the Cardinals in scoring, tallying 16.1 points per game to go with 5.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Miryne Thomas leads the Cardinals in rebounding, averaging 5.7 per game, while Ishmael El-Amin leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.2 in each contest.
- El-Amin leads the Cardinals in three-point shooting with an average of 2.1 threes per game.
- El-Amin is Ball State’s leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Blake Huggins leads them in blocks with 0.7 per contest.
Central Michigan Leaders
- Trayvon Broadway is the top scorer for the Chippewas with 17.9 points per game. He also adds 5.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game to his statistics.
- The Central Michigan leaders in rebounding and assists are Malik Muhammad with 6.9 rebounds per game (he also adds 5.9 points and 0.3 assists per game) and Devontae Lane with 3.1 assists per game (he also tacks on 8.5 points and 3.6 rebounds per game).
- Matt Beachler hits 1.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Chippewas.
- Lane (2.1 steals per game) and Muhammad (1.3 blocks per game) pace the Chippewas in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED