The No. 2 Baylor Bears (16-0) are favored (-5.5) to build on a 16-game win streak when they visit the No. 6 Texas Longhorns (11-3) at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at Frank Erwin Center. The contest airs on ESPN. The point total for the matchup is set at 144.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas (+5.5)||Over (144.5)||Baylor 74 Texas 72|
- In nine of 16 games (56.2%) this season, the Bears and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 144.5 points.
- In seven of 14 opportunities (50%) this season, Texas has combined with its opponents to score more than 144.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 163.6 points per game, 19.1 more points than the over/under of 144.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 128.6 points per game, 15.9 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Bears average point total in outings this year is 149.7, 5.2 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Longhorns this year is 1.9 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bears put up 21 more points per game (87.2) than the Longhorns give up (66.2).
- Baylor is 11-0 against the spread and 16-0 overall when scoring more than 66.2 points.
- Texas has a 0-0 record against the spread and a 0-0 record overall when giving up more than 87.2 points.
- The Longhorns put up an average of 76.4 points per game, 14.0 more points than the 62.4 the Bears give up to opponents.
- When it puts up more than 62.4 points, Texas is 6-0 against the spread and 11-3 overall.
- Baylor is 0-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 76.4 points.
- The Bears have totaled 397 more points than their opponents this season (24.8 per game on average), and the Longhorns have scored 143 more points than their opponents (10.2 per game).
Baylor Betting Information
- Against the spread, Baylor has been strong this season, posting an 11-4 record.
- The Bears have posted a winning record of 8-4 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or higher.
- Baylor has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 7 times in 15 contests (46.7%).
Texas Betting Information
- Texas has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 6-8 ATS.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Longhorns have a record ATS of 2-5.
- In the majority of Texas’ games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 14 games, 64.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/10/2020||Baylor||-6.5||128.5||-288||+227||Regular Season||52-45 BAYLOR|
|1/4/2020||Baylor||-9||129.5||-500||+360||Regular Season||59-44 BAYLOR|
- The Bears scoring leader is Jared Butler, who averages 16.8 per contest to go with 3.4 rebounds and 5.4 assists.
- Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua leads the Bears in rebounding, averaging 6.4 per game, while Davion Mitchell leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.9 in each contest.
- Butler contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Bears. He knocks down 2.6 threes per game.
- Butler is the Bears leader in steals, averaging 2.3 steals per game, while Mark Vital leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
- Andrew Jones scores 14.3 points per game and is the top scorer for the Longhorns.
- The Texas leaders in rebounding and assists are Greg Brown III with 8.0 rebounds per game (he also adds 11.9 points and 0.1 assists per game) and Matt Coleman III with 4.1 assists per game (he also tacks on 13.1 points and 3.5 rebounds per game).
- Butler paces his teammates on the Longhorns with 2.1 made threes per outing.
- Coleman (1.2 steals per game) and Brown (1.3 blocks per game) pace the Longhorns in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED