The No. 6 West Virginia Mountaineers (17-6) are underdogs (+4.5) as they attempt to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the No. 3 Baylor Bears (18-1) at 5:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at WVU Coliseum. The matchup airs on ESPN. The matchup’s point total is set at 149.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|West Virginia (+4.5)||Under (149.5)||Baylor 75 West Virginia 74|
- The Bears and their opponents have totaled at least 149.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 19 opportunities (36.8%) this year.
- In 11 of 23 outings (47.8%) this year, West Virginia has combined with its opponents to score at least 149.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 12.5 more points per game (162) than this game’s over/under of 149.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 15.0 fewer points per game (134.5) than this matchup’s total of 149.5 points.
- The average total the Bears have had set in games this year is 0.8 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Mountaineers this season is 1.6 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 84.9 points per game the Bears score are 14.1 more points than the Mountaineers allow (70.8).
- When Baylor scores more than 70.8 points, it is 16-0 overall and 10-0 against the spread.
- When West Virginia gives up more than 84.9 points, it is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- The Mountaineers score 13.4 more points per game (77.1) than the Bears give up (63.7).
- West Virginia is 13-0 against the spread and 16-6 overall when it scores more than 63.7 points.
- Baylor’s record is 0-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when it allows more than 77.1 points.
- The Bears have totaled 403 more points than their opponents this season (21.2 per game on average), and the Mountaineers have scored 144 more points than their opponents (6.3 per game).
Baylor Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Bears have covered 12 times in 18 contests.
- The Bears fare well when favored by at least 4.5 points, posting a 10-6 record against the spread.
- Bears games have played to the total or above 9 times in 18 games this season.
West Virginia Betting Information
- West Virginia has a 13-10 record against the spread, covering in 56.5% of their outings.
- The Mountaineers have fared well as a 4.5-point underdog, going 7-5 against the spread when they are at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- In most of Mountaineers games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (15 out of 23 games, 65.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||West Virginia||-1||131||-116||-106||Regular Season||76-64 WVU|
|2/15/2020||Baylor||-5.5||130.5||-250||+197||Regular Season||70-59 BAYLOR|
- The Bears scoring leader is Jared Butler, who averages 16.4 per contest to go with 3.2 rebounds and 4.9 assists.
- Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua leads the Bears in rebounding, averaging 6.0 per game, while Davion Mitchell leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.6 in each contest.
- Butler leads the Bears in three-point shooting with an average of 2.6 threes per game.
- The Baylor steals leader is Butler, who averages 2.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Mark Vital, who compiles 1.1 rejections per contest.
West Virginia Leaders
- Miles McBride’s points (15.5 per game) and assists (4.6 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Mountaineers’ leaderboards.
- Derek Culver’s stat line of 10.1 rebounds, 15.0 points and 1.1 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the West Virginia rebounding leaderboard.
- Sean McNeil leads the Mountaineers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.3 made threes per game.
- West Virginia’s leader in steals is McBride (1.8 per game), and its leader in blocks is Culver (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED