The Belmont Bruins (14-1) are big, 14-point favorites as they try to build on an 11-game win streak when they visit the Eastern Illinois Panthers (4-12) on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at Lantz Arena. The contest airs at 8:30 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 149.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Eastern Illinois (+14)||Under (149.5)||Belmont 79 Eastern Illinois 69|
- The Bruins and their opponents have scored no less than 149.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 15 opportunities (60%) this year.
- Eastern Illinois has played in four games this season (out of 16 total matchups — 25% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 149.5 points.
- The Bruins and the Panthers combine to average 1.7 more points per game than the total of 149.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.6 fewer points per game (144.9) than this game’s total of 149.5 points.
- The average over/under the Bruins have had set in matchups this year is 5.0 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Panthers games this year have averaged a total of 141.7 points, 7.8 less than the point total in this matchup.
Belmont Betting Information
- Belmont has been good against the spread, going 10-4 on the season.
- When favored by at least 14 points, the Bruins have fared well against the spread, putting up a 4-2 record.
- The Bruins have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 5 times in 14 games this season.
Eastern Illinois Betting Information
- Eastern Illinois has covered the spread in less than half of its games, going 3-13 ATS.
- When they are at least 14-point underdogs, the Panthers have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- The Panthers and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 6 of 16 (37.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/21/2021||Belmont||-11.5||153||-793||+536||Regular Season||79-66 BELM|
|1/4/2020||Belmont||-11.5||149||-770||+521||Regular Season||87-55 BELM|
- The Bruins leader in rebounds and assist is Grayson Murphy, who pulls down 7.6 rebounds and gives out 4.6 assists per game along with scoring 11.0 points per contest.
- Nick Muszynski leads Belmont in scoring, averaging 15.1 per game to go with 5.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Luke Smith contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Bruins. He knocks down 2.8 threes per game.
- Smith and Muszynski lead the Bruins on the defensive end, with Smith leading the team in steals averaging 2.3 per game and Muszynski in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
Eastern Illinois Leaders
- Josiah Wallace averages 14.8 points per game and is the top scorer for the Panthers.
- The Eastern Illinois leaders in rebounding and assists are George Dixon with 5.9 rebounds per game (he also adds 5.0 points and 1.1 assists per game) and Marvin Johnson with 4.1 assists per game (he also tacks on 14.1 points and 5.4 rebounds per game).
- Mack Smith’s 2.1 made threes per game lead the Panthers.
- Eastern Illinois’ leader in steals is Johnson with 1.8 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jordan Skipper-Brown with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds