The BYU Cougars (11-2) are heavily favored (-11.5) to continue a six-game win streak when they host the Pepperdine Waves (6-6) at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Marriott Center. The matchup airs on ESPN2. The over/under is set at 148.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|BYU (-11.5)||Under (148.5)||BYU 80 Pepperdine 68|
- In 23.1% of their games this season (three of 13 chances), the Cougars and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 148.5 points.
- In six of 12 outings (50%) this season, Pepperdine has combined with its opponents to score more than 148.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 7.2 more points per game (155.7) than this game’s over/under of 148.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 8.8 less points per game (139.7) than this matchup’s total of 148.5 points.
- The Cougars average point total in matchups this season is 143.2, 5.3 points less than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Waves games this year is 3.7 more points than the point total of 148.5 in this outing.
BYU Betting Information
- The Cougars have been solid against the spread this season, earning an 8-3 record.
- The Cougars fare well when favored by at least 11.5 points, posting a 3-1 record against the spread.
- BYU and its opponents have converted the over just 5 times in 11 (45.5%) games this season.
Pepperdine Betting Information
- Pepperdine has a winning record against the spread, going 6-4 ATS (covering 60.0% of the time).
- When they are at least 11.5-point underdogs, the Waves have a record ATS of 1-1.
- The Waves and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 4 of 10 (40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||BYU||-7.5||155.5||-351||+267||Regular Season||81-64 BYU|
|1/30/2020||BYU||-13.5||155||-1210||+709||Regular Season||107-80 BYU|
- Alex Barcello leads the Cougars in points and assists per game, scoring 15.9 points and distributing 4.5 assists.
- Caleb Lohner leads BYU in rebounding, grabbing 6.7 rebounds per game while also scoring 5.8 points a contest.
- The Cougars get the most three-point shooting production out of Barcello, who makes 2.2 threes per game.
- Brandon Averette is the Cougars leader in steals, averaging 0.9 steals per game, while Matt Haarms leads them in blocks with 1.9 per contest.
- The Waves’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Kessler Edwards with 18.9 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- Pepperdine’s assist leader is Colbey Ross with 7.8 per game. He also scores 15.9 points per game and adds 3.9 rebounds per game.
- Edwards contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Waves. He knocks down 2.2 threes per game.
- Pepperdine’s leader in steals is Jade’ Smith (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Edwards (1.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED