The Sam Houston State Bearkats (3-5) are only 1.5-point underdogs as they look to stop a four-game road losing streak when they take on the Central Arkansas Sugar Bears (1-7) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Farris Center. The contest airs at 5:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 155.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Sam Houston State (+1.5)||Under (155)||Sam Houston State 75 Central Arkansas 74|
- The Sugar Bears and their opponents have put up at least 155 points — this matchup’s over/under — in two of eight opportunities (25%) this year.
- Sam Houston State and its opponents have combined to score at least 155 points in 37.5% of their matchups this year (three of eight chances).
- The two teams average a combined 7.8 fewer points per game (147.2) than this game’s total of 155 points.
- The Sugar Bears and the Bearkats have seen their opponents average a combined 1.5 fewer points per game than the over/under of 155 set for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Sugar Bears have had set in games this year is 6.6 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total for Bearkats games this season is 2.8 fewer points than the point total of 155 for this outing.
Central Arkansas Betting Information
- Central Arkansas been consistently inconsistent against the spread this season, compiling a 3-3 record.
- Central Arkansas and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the total in 3 of 6 games this season (50%).
Sam Houston State Betting Information
- Sam Houston State has an even record against the spread, going 3-3 ATS.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Bearkats have a record ATS of 1-0.
- In the majority of Bearkats games this year, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 6 games, 33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-67 SMHO|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-82 CARK|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-87 CARK|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-69 SMHO|
Central Arkansas Leaders
- The Sugar Bears scoring leader is Rylan Bergersen, who averages 16.7 per contest to go with 4.1 rebounds and 3.9 assists.
- Jared Chatham is Central Arkansas’ leading rebounder, grabbing 4.9 per game, while Deandre Jones is its best passer, averaging 4.1 assists in each contest.
- Jones connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Sugar Bears, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.3 per game.
- Jones and Churchill Bounds lead the Sugar Bears on the defensive end, with Jones leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Bounds in blocks averaging 0.7 per contest.
Sam Houston State Leaders
- Zach Nutall is the top scorer for the Bearkats with 18.9 points per game. He also adds 5.0 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game to his stats.
- Tristan Ikpe is at the top of the Bearkats rebounding leaderboard with 5.3 rebounds per game, and Bryce Monroe paces the squad in assists with 2.8 per outing.
- Demarkus Lampley knocks down 2.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bearkats.
- Sam Houston State’s leader in steals is Javion May (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Ikpe (0.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found