The East Carolina Pirates (8-9) are expected to extend a three-game losing streak when they host the Cincinnati Bearcats (9-10) as 1.5-point underdogs at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, March 7, 2021 at Minges Coliseum. The matchup airs on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 138.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|East Carolina (+1.5)||Under (138.5)||Cincinnati 69 East Carolina 68|
- In 68.4% of their opportunities this year (13 of 19 chances), the Bearcats and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 138.5 points.
- East Carolina and its opponents have combined to score at least 138.5 points in five of 17 opportunities (29.4%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 136.1 points per game, 2.4 fewer points than the total of 138.5 set for this game.
- The Bearcats and the Pirates have seen their opponents average a combined 0.5 more points per game than the over/under of 138.5 set for this outing.
- The Bearcats average point total in outings this year is 141.3, 2.8 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Pirates games this season have averaged a total of 133.8 points, 4.7 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bearcats record 69.2 points per contest, just 2.3 more points than the 66.9 the Pirates allow their opponents.
- When Cincinnati totals more than 66.9 points, it is 4-0 against the spread and 7-6 overall.
- East Carolina has a 2-5 record against the spread and a 2-5 record overall when giving up more than 69.2 points.
- The Pirates score 5.2 fewer points per game (66.9) than the Bearcats give up to opponents (72.1).
- When it scores more than 72.1 points, East Carolina is 2-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Cincinnati is 4-11 against the spread and 6-9 overall when it gives up more than 66.9 points.
- The Bearcats have been out-scored by 54 points this season (2.9 points per game on average), while the Pirates have put up only one more point than their opponents on the year (zero per game).
Cincinnati Betting Information
- Cincinnati has struggled against the spread, going 5-13 on the year.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Bearcats have struggled to a 2-9 record ATS this season.
- The Bearcats and their opponents have gone over the total in 14 of 18 games (77.8%) this season.
East Carolina Betting Information
- East Carolina has a losing record against the spread, going 5-10 ATS (covering just 33.3% of the time).
- The Pirates have fared well as a 1.5-point underdog, going 3-2 against the spread when they are at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- East Carolina has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 33.3% of matchups this year (5 out of 15 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/16/2020||Cincinnati||-9.5||141||-542||+387||Regular Season||70-67 CIN|
|1/19/2020||Cincinnati||-16||137.5||-2471||+1014||Regular Season||82-57 CIN|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-71 ECU|
- The scoring leader for the Bearcats this season is Keith Williams, who averages 14.9 points, 3.9 rebounds, and 2.2 assists per game.
- Tari Eason leads Cincinnati in rebounding, averaging 5.5 per game, while David Dejulius leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.6 in each contest.
- Jeremiah Davenport leads the Bearcats in three-point shooting with an average of 1.9 threes per game.
- Williams is the Bearcats leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Eason leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
East Carolina Leaders
- Jayden Gardner puts up 18.1 points and 8.5 rebounds per game for the Pirates, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- The Pirates’ top assist machine is Tristen Newton with a stat line of 4.2 assists, 8.1 points, and 4.1 rebounds per game.
- Tremont Robinson-White makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pirates, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 1.4 per contest.
- East Carolina’s leader in steals is Newton with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Ludgy Debaut with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED