Sun Belt foes square off when the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (10-3) visit the South Alabama Jaguars (8-6) at Mitchell Center, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021. The Jaguars are 2-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The over/under is set at 146.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Coastal Carolina (-2)||Over (146.5)||Coastal Carolina 75 South Alabama 72|
- In nine of 13 opportunities (69.2%) this year, the Chanticleers and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 146.5 points.
- South Alabama has played in 10 games this year (out of 14 total matchups — 71.4% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 146.5 points.
- The Chanticleers and the Jaguars combine to average 18.8 more points per game than the over/under of 146.5 set for this matchup.
- The Chanticleers and the Jaguars have seen their opponents average a combined 5.5 fewer points per game than the over/under of 146.5 set for this outing.
- The Chanticleers average point total in outings this year is 153.4, 6.9 points higher than the total in this game.
- Jaguars games this season have averaged a total of 152.9 points, 6.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Coastal Carolina Betting Information
- Coastal Carolina has struggled against the spread, going 4-5 on the year.
- The Chanticleers have posted a losing record of 2-4 against the spread when the spread is -2 or higher.
- The Chanticleers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 4 times in 9 games this season.
South Alabama Betting Information
- South Alabama has covered the spread in fewer than half of its games, going 2-7 ATS.
- The Jaguars have not fared well as a 2-point underdog, going 1-6 against the spread when they are at least 2-point underdogs.
- In the majority of South Alabama’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (7 out of 9 games, 77.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||Coastal Carolina||-5||145||-225||+180||Regular Season||83-69 COAST|
|2/22/2020||Coastal Carolina||-1.5||148||-126||+101||Regular Season||74-71 SALA|
|12/21/2019||South Alabama||-5||152||-225||+180||Regular Season||81-69 COAST|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-70 COAST|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-77 SALA|
Coastal Carolina Leaders
- Devante Jones leads the Chanticleers in scoring, tallying 21.9 points per game to go with 6.3 rebounds and 3.4 assists.
- Essam Mostafa is Coastal Carolina’s leading rebounder, pulling down 8.9 per game, while Ebrima Dibba is its best passer, averaging 5.3 assists in each contest.
- Deanthony Tipler contributes the bulk of the Chanticleers’ three-point shooting production. He makes 3.3 threes per game to lead the team.
- Jones and DeShawn Thomas lead Coastal Carolina on the defensive end, with Jones leading the team in steals averaging 3.6 per game and Thomas in blocks averaging 1.7 per contest.
South Alabama Leaders
- The Jaguars’ Michael Flowers racks up enough points (22.1 per game) and assists (3.5 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Jamal West grabs 6.2 rebounds per game (he also scores 5.1 points per game and adds 0.8 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the South Alabama rebounding leaderboard.
- Flowers’ 3.4 made threes per game lead the Jaguars.
- South Alabama’s leader in steals is Tyreke Locure with 2.7 per game, and its leader in blocks is West with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED