Marcus Zegarowski leads the No. 13 Creighton Bluejays (16-5) into a matchup against the DePaul Blue Demons (4-10) after putting up 25 points in an 86-70 win over Villanova. The Blue Demons are 14.5-point underdogs in the matchup on Wednesday, February 24, 2021, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on CBS Sports. The matchup’s point total is 141.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|DePaul (+14.5)||Over (141.5)||Creighton 78 DePaul 65|
- In 61.9% of their games this year (13 of 21 chances), the Bluejays and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 141.5 points.
- DePaul and its opponents have combined to score at least 141.5 points in 42.9% of their games this season (six of 14 chances).
- The Bluejays and the Blue Demons combine to average 4.5 more points per game than the over/under of 141.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.8 fewer points per game (139.7) than this game’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- The average total the Bluejays have had set in matchups this year is 6.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Blue Demons this season is 4.0 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Bluejays record 79.1 points per game, 8.5 more points than the 70.6 the Blue Demons give up.
- Creighton has a 9-0 record against the spread and an 11-3 record overall when putting up more than 70.6 points.
- When DePaul allows more than 79.1 points, it is 2-2 against the spread and 1-3 overall.
- The Blue Demons’ 66.9 points per game are only 2.2 fewer points than the 69.1 the Bluejays allow to opponents.
- DePaul has compiled a 3-1 overall record and a 4-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.1 points.
- Creighton’s record is 8-5 overall and 7-6 against the spread when it gives up more than 66.9 points to its opponents.
- The Bluejays have out-scored their opponents by a total of 210 points this season (10 points per game on average), and opponents of the Blue Demons have out-scored them by 53 more points on the year (3.7 per game).
Creighton Betting Information
- Creighton has struggled against the spread, going 10-11 on the year.
- The Bluejays have posted a winning record of 3-1 against the spread when the spread is -14.5 or bigger.
- The Bluejays have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 10 times in 21 games this season.
DePaul Betting Information
- DePaul’s record against the spread is 7-7.
- When they are at least 14.5-point underdogs, the Blue Demons have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- DePaul and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 3 of 14 (21.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/30/2021||Creighton||-11||150||-660||+472||Regular Season||69-62 CREIGH|
|2/15/2020||Creighton||-9||146||-459||+335||Regular Season||93-64 CREIGH|
|1/22/2020||DePaul||-2.5||146||-144||+118||Regular Season||83-68 CREIGH|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-78 CREIGH|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-67 CREIGH|
- The leader in points and assists for the Bluejays is Zegarowski, who scores 15.0 points and dishes out 4.4 assists per game.
- Christian Bishop is Creighton’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 5.8 boards in each contest while scoring 11.8 points per game.
- Mitch Ballock contributes the bulk of the Bluejays’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.8 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Denzel Mahoney and Ryan Kalkbrenner lead Creighton on the defensive end, with Mahoney leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Kalkbrenner in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
- The Blue Demons’ Charlie Moore averages enough points (14.6 per game) and assists (4.5 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- The Blue Demons’ top rebounder is Pauly Paulicap — he grabs 6.1 per game while scoring 7.2 points per game.
- Moore is dependable from distance and leads the Blue Demons with 1.7 made threes per game.
- The Blue Demons’ leader in steals is Javon Freeman-Liberty with 1.7 per game, and Nick Ongenda is their leader in blocks with 1.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- NCAA Basketball March Madness Betting Analysis: Final Four Matches
- Elite Eight: St. Peter’s vs North Carolina Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Elite Eight: Miami vs Kansas Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Houston Cougars vs Villanova Wildcats Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs Duke Blue Devils Betting Analysis – March Madness Odds