Daron Russell leads the Rhode Island Rams (10-14) into a matchup with the Dayton Flyers (13-8) after putting up 27 points in an 86-75 loss to Duquesne. The Rams are 3-point underdogs in the game on Thursday, March 4, 2021, which tips at 3:30 PM ET on NBCS. The matchup’s point total is set at 135.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rhode Island (+3)||Over (135)||Dayton 70 Rhode Island 69|
- The Flyers and their opponents have scored more than 135 points in 42.9% of their games this season (nine of 21 opportunities).
- Rhode Island and its opponents have combined to score more than 135 points in 15 of 24 outings (62.5%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined six more points per game (141) than this game’s total of 135 points.
- The Flyers and the Rams have seen their opponents average a combined 2.7 more points per game than the over/under of 135 set for this game.
- The Flyers average point total in outings this year is 136.8, 1.8 points higher than the total in this game.
- Rams games this year have averaged a total of 142 points, seven more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 69.6 points the Flyers record per game are only 0.9 fewer points than the Rams give up (70.5).
- Dayton is 8-0 against the spread and 7-2 overall when scoring more than 70.5 points.
- Rhode Island has a 2-9 record against the spread and a 3-8 record overall when allowing more than 69.6 points.
- The Rams score an average of 71.4 points per game, only 4.2 more points than the 67.2 the Flyers allow.
- Rhode Island has put together a 7-0 ATS record and an 8-6 overall record in games it scores more than 67.2 points.
- Dayton has an ATS record of 3-2 and a 2-3 record overall when its opponents score more than 71.4 points.
- The Flyers have totaled 51 more points than their opponents this season (2.4 per game on average), and the Rams have scored 21 more points than their opponents (0.9 per game).
Dayton Betting Information
- The Flyers have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 12-9 record.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Flyers have struggled to a 4-5 record ATS this season.
- The Flyers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 10 times in 21 games this season.
Rhode Island Betting Information
- Rhode Island has a losing record against the spread, going 11-13 ATS (covering just 45.8% of the time).
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Rams have a record ATS of 2-6.
- The Rams and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 13 of 24 (54.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/16/2021||Rhode Island||-3||134.5||-158||+130||Regular Season||91-89 URI|
|1/30/2021||Dayton||-1.5||136||-125||+103||Regular Season||67-56 DAYTON|
|3/4/2020||Dayton||-4||146||-183||+149||Regular Season||84-57 DAYTON|
|2/11/2020||Dayton||-11||146.5||-692||+479||Regular Season||81-67 DAYTON|
|3/1/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-70 URI|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-48 DAYTON|
- The Flyers leader in points and assists is Jalen Crutcher, who scores 18.2 points per game along with 4.9 assists.
- Jordy Tshimanga is the Flyers best rebounder, pulling down an average of 8.0 boards in each contest while scoring 6.8 points per game.
- Ibi Watson paces his teammates on the Flyers with 2.5 made threes per contest.
- Crutcher and Tshimanga lead the Flyers on the defensive end, with Crutcher leading the team in steals averaging 0.8 per game and Tshimanga in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
Rhode Island Leaders
- Fatts Russell collects 15.0 points and tacks on 4.3 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Rams’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- The Rams’ top rebounder is Antwan Walker — he pulls down 6.5 per game while averaging 9.0 points per game.
- Jeremy Sheppard leads his teammates on the Rams with 1.5 made threes per contest.
- Fatts Russell (2.0 steals per game) is the steal leader for Rhode Island while Makhel Mitchell (1.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED