The Duke Blue Devils (11-11) are heavily favored (-12.5) to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Boston College Eagles (4-15) at 4:30 PM ET on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at Greensboro Coliseum. The game airs on ACCN. The point total for the matchup is 152.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Boston College (+12.5)||Under (152.5)||Duke 80 Boston College 70|
- The Blue Devils and their opponents have scored at least 152.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 22 opportunities (31.8%) this year.
- Boston College has played in nine games this year (out of 19 total matchups — 47.4% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 152.5 points.
- The Blue Devils and the Eagles combine to average 4.3 fewer points per game than the over/under of 152.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 152.1 points per game, 0.4 fewer than the point total for this matchup.
- The average total the Blue Devils have had set in matchups this season is 3.8 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Eagles games this year have averaged a total of 151.6 points, 0.9 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 75.8 points the Blue Devils record per game are only 3.4 fewer points than the Eagles surrender (79.2).
- Duke has a 4-2 record overall and a 2-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 79.2 points.
- Boston College is 1-12 overall and 5-6-1 against the spread in games when it allows more than 75.8 points.
- The Eagles average only 0.5 fewer points than the Blue Devils give up to opponents (72.9).
- Boston College has compiled a 3-5 overall record and a 5-0-1 ATS record in games it scores more than 72.9 points.
- Duke has an ATS record of 0-11 and a 1-10 record overall when its opponents score more than 72.4 points.
- The Blue Devils have totaled 64 more points than their opponents this season (2.9 per game on average), while the Eagles have been out-scored by 128 total points (6.8 per game average differential).
Duke Betting Information
- Duke has covered in just seven of 21 matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 12.5 points, the Blue Devils have struggled to a 0-2 record ATS this season.
- The Blue Devils have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 6 times in 21 games this season.
Boston College Betting Information
- The Eagles have a losing record against the spread, going 8-9-1 ATS (covering only 44.4% of the time).
- When they are at least 12.5-point underdogs, the Eagles have a record ATS of 0-1.
- Boston College has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 66.7% of matchups this year (12 out of 18 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/6/2021||Duke||-11.5||150||-766||+524||Regular Season||83-82 DUKE|
|2/4/2020||Duke||-14.5||147||-1644||+834||Regular Season||63-55 DUKE|
|12/31/2019||Duke||-21.5||140.5||-8700||+1700||Regular Season||88-49 DUKE|
|2/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-55 DUKE|
- The Blue Devils leader in points and rebounds is Matthew Hurt, who scores 18.7 points and pulls down 6.1 rebounds per game.
- Duke’s best passer is Jordan Goldwire, who averages 4.0 assists per game to go with his 5.8 PPG scoring average.
- Hurt leads the Blue Devils in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Goldwire and Mark Williams lead the Blue Devils on the defensive end, with Goldwire leading the team in steals averaging 2.3 per game and Williams in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
Boston College Leaders
- Jay Heath is the top scorer for the Eagles with 15.1 points per game. He also tacks on 3.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game to his statistics.
- Boston College’s leader in rebounds is Steffon Mitchell with 7.2 per game, and its leader in assists is Makai Ashton-Langford with 3.1 per game.
- Wynston Tabbs is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Eagles, hitting 2.3 threes per game.
- Boston College’s leader in steals is Ashton-Langford with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is CJ Felder with 2.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview