The Pittsburgh Panthers (7-2) host the Duke Blue Devils (5-3) as 2.5-point underdogs after Justin Champagnie racked up 24 points in the Panthers 96-76 victory over Syracuse. The matchup airs on ESPN at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 141.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pittsburgh (+2.5)||Over (141.5)||Pittsburgh 75 Duke 69|
- The Blue Devils and their opponents have combined to score more than 141.5 points in 62.5% of their games this season (five of eight opportunities).
- In four of nine opportunities (44.4%) this season, Pittsburgh and its opponents have combined to score more than 141.5 points.
- The Blue Devils and the Panthers combine to average 7.0 more points per game than the over/under of 141.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.7 less points per game (136.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- The Blue Devils average point total in outings this year is 146.2, 4.7 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Panthers games this year have averaged a total of 139 points, 2.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.8 points per game the Blue Devils score are 9.5 more points than the Panthers give up (65.3).
- When Duke puts up more than 65.3 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 5-3 overall.
- Pittsburgh is 1-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 74.8 points.
- The Panthers score an average of 73.7 points per game, only 2.2 more points than the 71.5 the Blue Devils allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 71.5 points, Pittsburgh is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- Duke is 0-4 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 73.7 points.
- The Blue Devils have totaled 26 more points than their opponents this season (3.3 per game on average), and the Panthers have scored 75 more points than their opponents (8.4 per game).
Duke Betting Information
- Duke has covered in just one of seven matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Blue Devils have struggled to a 1-6 record ATS this season.
- Duke has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 4 of 7 games for a 57.1% rate.
Pittsburgh Betting Information
- The Panthers have a winning record against the spread, going 6-3 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Panthers have a record ATS of 3-2.
- Pittsburgh has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 44.4% of matchups this season (4 out of 9 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/28/2020||Duke||-16.5||135.5||-2473||+1065||Regular Season||79-67 DUKE|
|1/22/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-64 DUKE|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Blue Devils is Matthew Hurt, who puts up 19.6 points and 8.3 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Goldwire leads Duke in assists, averaging 4.3 per game while also scoring 7.5 points per contest.
- Hurt’s 2.5 made threes per game lead the Blue Devils.
- The Duke steals leader is Goldwire, who averages 2.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jalen Johnson, who compiles 1.6 rejections per contest.
- Champagnie averages 18.7 points and 12.9 rebounds per game for the Panthers, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Xavier Johnson dishes out 5.6 assists per game, the most assists on the Panthers.
- Ithiel Horton’s 2.2 made threes per game lead the Panthers.
- Pittsburgh’s leader in steals is Xavier Johnson (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Champagnie (1.1 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Norfolk State Spartans vs. Morgan State Bears 3/13/2021 MEAC Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Michigan Wolverines vs. Ohio State Buckeyes: 3/13/2021 Big Ten Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Wichita State Shockers vs. Cincinnati Bearcats: 3/13/2021 AAC Tournament Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Playoff Odds and Trends
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview