The Duke Blue Devils (10-8) take a three-game win streak into a home matchup with the Syracuse Orange (13-6), who have won three straight as well. The Orange are underdogs by 5 points in the contest, which begins at 7:00 PM ET (on ESPN) on Monday, February 22, 2021. The matchup has an over/under set at 149.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pick Em||Under (149.5)||Duke 76 Syracuse 71|
- In seven of 18 outings (38.9%) this season, the Blue Devils and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 149.5 points.
- Syracuse has combined with its opponents to score at least 149.5 points in five of 19 opportunities (26.3%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 152.1 points per game, 2.6 more points than the total of 149.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 141.5 points per game, 8.0 fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Blue Devils average point total in matchups this year is 146.7, 2.8 points less than the over/under in this game.
- Orange games this year have averaged an over/under of 146.8 points, 2.7 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 75.6 points per game the Blue Devils average are 5.3 more points than the Orange allow (70.3).
- When Duke scores more than 70.3 points, it is 8-4 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- Syracuse is 2-5 overall and 1-6 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 75.6 points.
- The Orange’s 76.5 points per game are 5.3 more points than the 71.2 the Blue Devils give up to opponents.
- Syracuse is 7-0 against the spread and 12-2 overall when it scores more than 71.2 points.
- Duke has a 1-5 record overall and an ATS record of 0-6 in games when its opponents score more than 76.5 points.
- The Blue Devils have totaled 79 more points than their opponents this season (4.4 per game on average), and the Orange have scored 119 more points than their opponents (6.2 per game).
Duke Betting Information
- Duke has struggled against the spread, going 6-11 on the year.
- The Blue Devils have posted a losing record of 3-5 against the spread when the spread is -5 or bigger.
- The Blue Devils have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 6 times in 17 games this season.
Syracuse Betting Information
- Syracuse has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 7-11 ATS.
- The Orange have not fared well as a 5-point underdog, going 2-6 against the spread when they are at least 5-point underdogs.
- In 9 out of Orange 18 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||97-88 DUKE|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-65 DUKE|
|1/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||95-91 SYRA|
- Matthew Hurt leads the Blue Devils in scoring and rebounding, tallying 18.5 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Goldwire leads Duke in assists, averaging 3.7 per game while also scoring 6.3 points per contest.
- Hurt makes more threes per game than any other member of the Blue Devils, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.5 per contest.
- Goldwire and Mark Williams lead Duke on the defensive end, with Goldwire leading the team in steals averaging 2.5 per game and Williams in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
- Buddy Boeheim is the top scorer for the Orange with 15.3 points per game. He also adds 2.1 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Orange’s leader in rebounds is Quincy Guerrier with 9.3 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Joseph Girard III with 3.6 per game.
- Boeheim leads the Orange in three-point shooting with an average of 2.4 made threes per game.
- Kadary Richmond (2.1 steals per game) is the steal leader for Syracuse while Alan Griffin (1.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED