The Morehead State Eagles (5-6) are 6-point underdogs as they try to stop a four-game road losing streak when they square off against the Eastern Illinois Panthers (3-5) on Thursday, January 14, 2021 at Lantz Arena. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The over/under for the matchup is set at 133.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Morehead State (+6)||Over (133.5)||Eastern Illinois 70 Morehead State 67|
- In five of eight games (62.5%) this year, the Panthers and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s point total of 133.5 points.
- In five of 11 outings (45.5%) this year, Morehead State has combined with its opponents to score more than 133.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.1 more points per game (135.6) than this matchup’s over/under of 133.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.1 points per game, 7.6 more than the point total in this game.
- The average point total for Panthers games this season is 13.3 more points than the over/under of 133.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Eagles games this season is 3.6 less points than the point total of 133.5 in this outing.
Eastern Illinois Betting Information
- Eastern Illinois has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 2-6 record.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Panthers have struggled to a 0-2 record ATS this season.
- Eastern Illinois and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 3 of 8 games this season (37.5%).
Morehead State Betting Information
- The Eagles have a 6-3 record against the spread, covering in 66.7% of their games.
- The Eagles and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 1 of 9 (11.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||Eastern Illinois||-7||138.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-65 EILL|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-66 MHST|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-78 MHST|
Eastern Illinois Leaders
- Josiah Wallace leads the Panthers in scoring, tallying 17.5 points per game to go with 3.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- George Dixon leads the Panthers in rebounding, averaging 6.8 per game, while Marvin Johnson leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.2 in each contest.
- Mack Smith leads the Panthers in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.4 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Dixon and Jordan Skipper-Brown lead Eastern Illinois on the defensive end, with Dixon leading the team in steals averaging 2.0 per game and Skipper-Brown in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Morehead State Leaders
- De’Von Cooper is at the top of the Eagles scoring leaderboard with 10.8 points per game. He also collects 5.8 rebounds and racks up 1.8 assists per game.
- Morehead State’s leader in rebounds is Johni Broome with 7.1 per game, and its leader in assists is Ta’Lon Cooper with 3.4 per game.
- Skyelar Potter is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Eagles, hitting 2.0 threes per game.
- Ta’Lon Cooper (0.8 steals per game) is the steal leader for Morehead State while Broome (1.7 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found