The Illinois State Redbirds (3-3) are underdogs (by 4 points) to stop a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Evansville Purple Aces (2-3) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 137.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Purple Aces and their opponents have combined to put up more than 137.5 points in 20% of their outings this year (one of five opportunities).
- Illinois State and its opponents have added up to score more than 137.5 points in 100% of their games this year (six of six opportunities).
- These teams average a combined 156.5 points per game, 19.0 more points than the total of 137.5 set for this game.
- The Purple Aces and the Redbirds have seen their opponents average a combined 17.6 more points per game than the point total of 137.5 set in this outing.
- The Purple Aces average point total in outings this season is 138, 0.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Redbirds this season is 36.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Evansville Betting Information
- The Purple Aces have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 1-4 record.
- The Purple Aces have posted a losing record of 0-1 against the spread when the spread is -4 or higher.
- Evansville has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 1 times in 5 contests (20%).
Illinois State Betting Information
- The Redbirds have a winning record against the spread, going 3-2 ATS (covering 60.0% of the time).
- The Redbirds have fared well as a 4-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 4-point underdogs.
- Illinois State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 80% of matchups this year (4 out of 5 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Evansville||-2.5||136||-149||+119||Regular Season||71-60 ILLST|
|1/29/2020||Illinois State||-7||132||-335||+255||Regular Season||77-66 ILLST|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-70 ILLST|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||58-46 ILLST|
- The Purple Aces leader in points and assists is Shamar Givance, who scores 13.5 points per game along with 3.6 assists.
- Jax Levitch is the Purple Aces best rebounder, pulling down an average of 6.2 boards in each contest while scoring 5.1 points per game.
- Noah Frederking’s 2.7 made threes per game lead the Purple Aces.
- Givance and Evan Kuhlman lead the Purple Aces on the defensive end, with Givance leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Kuhlman in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
Illinois State Leaders
- DJ Horne racks up 14.3 points per game to be the top scorer for the Redbirds.
- Dusan Mahorcic has a stat line of 7.8 rebounds, 9.6 points and 0.6 assists per game for Illinois State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Josiah Strong has the top spot for assists with 4.3 per game, adding 13.8 points and 3.4 rebounds per outing.
- Strong provides the bulk of the Redbirds’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 2.5 threes per game to pace the squad.
- The Redbirds’ leader in steals is Horne with 1.4 per game, and Abdou Ndiaye is their leader in blocks with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found